Windows 10: Cannot Tutn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox

Discus and support Cannot Tutn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have Firefox 76.0.1 running on 4 different W10 pro machines. One 1909, the rest 2004. On any of these, I cannot turn off 'Search Suggestions' by... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Jun 1, 2020.

1. JJG10 Win User

Cannot Tutn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox

I have Firefox 76.0.1 running on 4 different W10 pro machines. One 1909, the rest 2004. On any of these, I cannot turn off 'Search Suggestions' by unchecking the appropriate box in Options. I think they are distracting and don't want them.

I know if I use Private Browsing they don't exist but why doesn't the switch in Options do the job it is supposed to do? Is this a bug in 76.0.1?

I think this is the first time in all the years of using Firefox that I have been disappointed.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Jun 1, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I was going to suggest that too. Firefox pulls suggestions from bookmarks too, so if it's bookmarked, no amount of clearing history/etc will make it not appear.

Bobby Phoenix, Jun 1, 2020
  4. bo elam Win User

Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

I get no suggestions at all. I untick all those options under Address bar as well as the ones under Search. And set Firefox to delete history using custom settings for history. Never see any suggestion of any kind. So, you can get that done if thats what you want.

Bo

bo elam, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot Tutn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox - Similar Threads - Cannot Tutn Off

2. Search suggestions with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suggestions with magnifying glass: Since a recent update, the search field window pops up intermittently with advertising for AI above the Recent area. I can click that shut, but it's also now displaying weird tips that I don't need as questions with a search magnifying glass at the end of each one. I can...
  3. Firefox 91.0 ESR how to disable Show search suggestions in address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 91.0 ESR how to disable Show search suggestions in address bar: Please I would like to know how do I disable show search suggestions in address bar results? I think the settings has been removed 183762
  4. Firefox search function

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox search function: I have my firefox homepage set up with the address bar etc across the top, bookmarks bar on the second line then nothing on the lower screen except the firefox name and emblem with my google search box under that. The only issue I have not been able to remedy is when I open...
  5. Firefox Bookmark Search

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmark Search: When I open up the bookmark manager, and do a search, how can I tell which folder the bookmark is in? 157783
  6. Cannot Turn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Turn Off Search Suggestions in Firefox: I have Firefox 76.0.1 running on 4 different W10 pro machines. One 1909, the rest 2004. On any of these, I cannot turn off 'Search Suggestions' by unchecking the appropriate box in Options. I think they are distracting and don't want them. I know if I use Private Browsing...
  7. search folder suggestions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    search folder suggestions: Since the last update i cant get auto suggest to work when searching in folders. For example open my music folder, search for Eric Clapton and i would usually be given files based on what i was typing without having to hit enter or even finish the name. Any ideas? TIA...
  8. "Search" App/Program Suggestions ?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Search" App/Program Suggestions ?: Hello, In my humble opinion, the Search function box "Type Here To Search" is really poor. Might someone suggest a "really" good, hopefully free or inexpensive, one I can download and try. Would like it to pull out file names, etc., etc. Really dig "deep". The one(s) I...
  9. Firefox Address Bar Suggestions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Address Bar Suggestions: I have recently deleted my Firefox history, including cookies, cache and everything else. I went back to the beginning of all-time just to make sure there was nothing left. But I'm still faced with a dilemma, whenever I type a single letter, say R for example, it...
  10. Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with "suggestions" in the search box.: Hello *Wink when I type something in the windows search bar, it automatically fills itself with a program's name and I can't change anything about it. The only thing I can do is click on the program, or the search bar. Clicking on the search bar results in the word being...