Windows 10: Cannot type a s d f j k keys on my laptop keyboard

Discus and support Cannot type a s d f j k keys on my laptop keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, some of my laptop keyboard keys have just stopped workinga,s,d,f,j,k. I have tried: -Keyboard tests -Troubleshooting -Re-installing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackHoang2, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Cannot type a s d f j k keys on my laptop keyboard

Hello, some of my laptop keyboard keys have just stopped workinga,s,d,f,j,k. I have tried:
    -Keyboard tests

-Troubleshooting

-Re-installing the keyboard's driver

-Check if any special keys affect this

-Restarting the pc

-Updating windows

Anyone can help me?

:)

JackHoang2, Mar 5, 2021

2. Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes.

I have found a strange behaviour in the Keys of Keyboard after the current windows update. The Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work on startup and takes around 15 minutes or this keys to work.

Praveendba, Mar 5, 2021
  3. AFTommy Win User
    Keyboard keys switched

After the latest windows insider update some keys on my keyboard have changed. For example " is now @ and the opposite as well. Meaning if I want the @ key as in a email address, I must push the " key. I cant seem to find a way to reset to default. The normal keyboard default does nothing. The other changes are listed below, the errors are in bold red;

! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =

Q W E R T Y U I O P { } ~

q w e r t y u i o p [ ] #

A S D F G H J K L : @

a s d f g h j k l ; '

Z X C V B N M < > ?

z x c v b n m , . /

AFTommy, Mar 5, 2021
  4. dessad Win User

Cannot type a s d f j k keys on my laptop keyboard

keyboard not working correctly type in J and get uyj type in d and get caps lock and wS

keyboard not working correctly type in J and get uyj type in d and get caps lock and wS

I have checked the settings and the language is set correctly.

I have done the alt + shift keys

I have tried the cntrl + shift keys

I have tried the fn + num lock

I have tried the fn + caps lock

I tried changing the usb port that the keyboard was plugged into.

I tried checking the settings to ensure sticky keys are not on.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard then rebooting and plugging it back in and starting again.

I tried rebooting computer,

I tried running troubleshooting from control panel / device manager got message device is working properly

None of this has fixed the problem, I had this problem before and clearly it was about setting up something wonky with hitting two keys that put in some odd command, but can't find solution it was fixed "acccidentially" the last time.

I did this with external keyboard that I plug into lap top. I would rather not have to replace the external keyboard but I don't know how to undo it.

Since posting this and trying various things some of the keys now work, but some do not,

if I type T I get tf

if i type F I get tf

If I type j or y single, I get yj as a combo, if I type s I get S and caps lock, if I type d it jumps the screen and is lost all together, can't type until I scroll page up to where I was typing, If I type [ or ; I will get [;

So not sure what to do the biggest problem seems to be with the center row keys and most commonly used letters .

dessad, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Cannot type a s d f j k keys on my laptop keyboard

1. Cannot type a s d f j k keys on my laptop keyboard - Similar Threads - Cannot type keys

2. When I press S, J and K at the same time, it presses the number 3 on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press S, J and K at the same time, it presses the number 3 on my keyboard.: Whenever I simultaneously press the S, J and K keys, my keyboard presses the 3 key. When I have NumLock turned off however, it presses the PgDn key, because it functions as both. I have noticed this while I was playing Clone Hero and it was interfering very heavily. I want to...
  3. When I press S, J and K at the same time, it presses the number 3 on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press S, J and K at the same time, it presses the number 3 on my keyboard.: Whenever I simultaneously press the S, J and K keys, my keyboard presses the 3 key. When I have NumLock turned off however, it presses the PgDn key, because it functions as both. I have noticed this while I was playing Clone Hero and it was interfering very heavily. I want to...
  4. my wireless keyboard keys stop working with shift key.keys like k,j,z,','.>

my wireless keyboard keys stop working with shift key.keys like k,j,z,','.>: Recently,i installed the windows update after which my wireless keyboard keys stop working with shift key.keys like k,j,z,','.>< stop working with shift key but they working perfectly with caps lock. Laptop keyboard they are working perfactly fine...
  5. My A S D F J K L keys are not working on my laptop. The laptop model is a Lenovo ideapad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My A S D F J K L keys are not working on my laptop. The laptop model is a Lenovo ideapad...: My A S D F J K L keys are not working on my laptop. The laptop model is a Lenovo ideapad 330. I could use some assistance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-s-d-f-j-k-l-keys-are-not-working-on-my-laptop/770c1c8d-121a-4909-91ee-95d569f3ba4e
  6. My A S D F J K L keys are not working on my laptop. The laptop model is a Lenovo ideapad...

My A S D F J K L keys are not working on my laptop. The laptop model is a Lenovo ideapad...: My A S D F J K L keys are not working on my laptop. The laptop model is a Lenovo ideapad 330. I could use some assistance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-a-s-d-f-j-k-l-keys-are-not-working-on-my-laptop/770c1c8d-121a-4909-91ee-95d569f3ba4e
  7. a s d j k l keys not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a s d j k l keys not working.: i've had my lenovo ideapad flex 5 for around 2 years got it in christmas 2020 and it has been working fine up until a couple months ago.. i am very computer illiterate as i am more in tune with consoles and such so my apologies for that. i've been having problems where i...
  8. a s d j k l keys not working.

a s d j k l keys not working.: i've had my lenovo ideapad flex 5 for around 2 years got it in christmas 2020 and it has been working fine up until a couple months ago.. i am very computer illiterate as i am more in tune with consoles and such so my apologies for that. i've been having problems where i...
  9. Why are there bumps on the F and J keys on a computer keyboard?

in Windows 10 News
    Why are there bumps on the F and J keys on a computer keyboard?: [ATTACH]If you take a closer look at the keyboard, you will find two raised […] This article Why are there bumps on the F and J keys on a computer keyboard? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work after starting windows for 10 minutes.: I have found a strange behaviour in the Keys of Keyboard after the current windows update. The Keyboard keys a,s,d,f,j,k and l doesn't work on startup and takes around 15 minutes or this keys to work....