Windows 10: Cannot type é using key combination ´+e (problem with diacritics)

Discus and support Cannot type é using key combination ´+e (problem with diacritics) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there, I just found out that the dead keys on some of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well. I compared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by McShadow, Dec 21, 2020.

1. McShadow Win User

Cannot type é using key combination ´+e (problem with diacritics)

Hello there,

I just found out that the dead keys on some of our computers do not work properly. Via osk the input does not work as well.

I compared the settings with another one that is working just fine and tried it the same way.

By typing + e I still get "e" instead of "".

The only difference I was able to find was the OS (which I am excluding - another one does not work as well) and some bloatware.

I also tried with "German (Germany)" keyboard and language settings.

Does someone know a way to enable / disable dead keys in keyboard settings or something like that? Could it be possible that some tasks can cause dead keys not to work?

Settings / Specs - Working:
    Active Languages: German (Suisse), German (Germany), French (Suisse)
    Windows Display Language: German (Suisse)
    Region: Suisse
    Format: Use Windows Display Language
    Keyboard: German (Suisse), German (Germany), French (Suisse)

Thanks in advance!

McSh4dow

:)

McShadow, Dec 21, 2020

2. How to type these diacritics in Arabic keyboard?

Hi, I am unable to find the keys to type certain diacritics in Arabic. For example,

<ـٰ> Alif Khanjariyah (superscript/dagger Alif ⟨أَلِف خَنْجَرِيَّة⟩

<ـٓ> Maddah Tilde-like diacritic ⟨مَدَّة⟩

I have tried both 101 & 102 (Saudi Arabia) Keyboards layouts in windows 10. But could not find any key for those diacritics!

MGBhadurudeen, Dec 21, 2020
  3. How to type these diacritics in Arabic keyboard?

Hi Monica,

I am developing an uwp app, in which the user should be able to type the those characters in the textbox shown in my app. For example, user will press letter l to type arabic letter م. Similarly user will type l then Q to type arabic letter م with diacritic
    fathha like this: مَ (Meem with Fathha). All things are well okay.

But I am unable to find the Long Alif & Madda diacritics. Where can I find those in windows keyboards?

NB: It is not programming oriented question. It is about, what keys user should press to get those diacritics, in any textbox or in search box of google in a browser, to name some scenarios.

MGBhadurudeen, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Cannot type é using key combination ´+e (problem with diacritics)

Modifying the right ALT key on my French Canadian Keyboard (Windows 10)

I am trying to modifying the right ALT key to obtain ã (Portuguese tilde on a)

It already exists with the combination of ALT+ right square Bracket, and the choosing the lower a or caps a.

What I would like to do is to use the ALT key + (the column and semi-column key) to get the
    ã directly in one step.

(This is the most common letter I need - I do not need Ã)

So what is the best step to do that mod???

Thanks for the help

zakocanada, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot type é using key combination ´+e (problem with diacritics)

1. Cannot type é using key combination ´+e (problem with diacritics) - Similar Threads - Cannot type using

2. What setting do I need to change for typing ' + e to become é instead of 'e?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What setting do I need to change for typing ' + e to become é instead of 'e?: On all computers I ever used, typing '+e would automatically become é. On my new laptop however, this does not happen. I tried researching how to change this, but get to many answers to similar, but not identical questions. So here I am. Can you please help me?...
  3. What setting do I need to change for typing ' + e to become é instead of 'e?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What setting do I need to change for typing ' + e to become é instead of 'e?: On all computers I ever used, typing '+e would automatically become é. On my new laptop however, this does not happen. I tried researching how to change this, but get to many answers to similar, but not identical questions. So here I am. Can you please help me?...
  4. Not being able to type diacritics.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to type diacritics.: I use the Afrikaans keyboard but I can't seem to type diacritics with it? I went to the windows page where it showed the shortcuts for diacritics but they simply do not work for me I am on win10 btw, any help? Because it's annoying needing to google and copypaste characters...
  5. Not being able to type diacritics.

Not being able to type diacritics.: I use the Afrikaans keyboard but I can't seem to type diacritics with it? I went to the windows page where it showed the shortcuts for diacritics but they simply do not work for me I am on win10 btw, any help? Because it's annoying needing to google and copypaste characters...
  6. Not being able to type diacritics.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 Key Combination Problem

Windows 11 Key Combination Problem: In my laptop every key combination is working fine except Ctrl+Shift+N whether I am trying to create a new folder or use it to go to incognito mode in any browser, it is not working. There is no problem with keys itself as all individual keys are working fine.Please Help...
  8. Diacritical or accented typing issue

Diacritical or accented typing issue: Looking for keyboard shortcuts for diacriticals, either in ENG INTL or in Deutsch/German. Bing's list has instructions for combos, apostrophe=acute accent works, but comma=cedilla and colon=umlaut do nothing. What is the correct shortcut to use without keying in a code each...
  9. Multiple Diacritics/Character Combining on a Single Character AGAIN

Multiple Diacritics/Character Combining on a Single Character AGAIN: Hello Everyone, I am trying to type a paper in the Arabic Language and I need to put more than one diacritic on a single letter. I have been trying to find a way in Word but it doesn't work. When I tried to do this in Libre Writer it works. Is there a way to make this work...
  10. Problem with Arabic diacritic formatting using Character MAp

Problem with Arabic diacritic formatting using Character MAp: Problem with Character Map in Word. WHen I try to insert an Arabic diacritic of a dot under an 'h', for example, I get this but then also a letter space which cannot be deleted. When I try to delete the space it deletes the letter with the diacritic....