Windows 10: Cannot type F

Discus and support Cannot type F in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Guys, my PC is malunctioning and I can't type on my keyboard without pressing SHIFT. I've tried many solutions, including updating and uninstalling my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SyazwanCz, Nov 27, 2020.

1. SyazwanCz Win User

Cannot type F

Guys, my PC is malunctioning and I can't type on my keyboard without pressing SHIFT. I've tried many solutions, including updating and uninstalling my driver, but none works. I any o you guys can help, it will be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Pro o the problem: even with using a virtual keyboard, the problem persists. Also, the java event key tester reveals this:

keyup keyCode=70 F which=70 F charCode=0

that's a clue to the solution, just that I don't know what it means

https://youtu.be/HmHEJdDdeTQ

:)

SyazwanCz, Nov 27, 2020

2. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 missing F drive

Hi Judy,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Let us know some more details:

• Have you used any third part software to manage Disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?
    • Have you performed a Clean Install?
    I suggest you to check for the drive in Disk Management and see if it appears there. Follow the steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
    See if the drive F: appears and does it appear as unallocated?

Get back to us with the information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Nov 27, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot type F

local disk f

This looks like the F: drive is the EFI partition having a size of 300MB. Open Admin Command (Win+X->Command Prompt (Admin)) and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition =====> take a note of the partition # having 300MB. My guess is partition 2
    select partition # =====> replace # with the number in step above
    remove =====> remove the drive letter
    exit

This should remove the drive letter and won't show up in "This PC"

P.S
    do not delete this partition, you won't be able to boot.

topgundcp, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot type F

1. Cannot type F - Similar Threads - Cannot type

2. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA: Hello, I attempted to update the BIOS through the official Lenovo website, following the readme instructions provided. It took me to the BIOS where it displayed 'Program new data' and below that 'Write new boot block.' I waited for about 1-2 hours, but it didn't progress at...
  3. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA: Hello, I attempted to update the BIOS through the official Lenovo website, following the readme instructions provided. It took me to the BIOS where it displayed 'Program new data' and below that 'Write new boot block.' I waited for about 1-2 hours, but it didn't progress at...
  4. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  6. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  7. How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find. Make sure you typed the name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find. Make sure you typed the name...: When I try and delete this it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-file-that-says-windows-cannot/617e259b-9aed-40eb-9ee6-e3d7e8ca3d42
  8. How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find. Make sure you typed the name...

How do I delete a file that says "Windows cannot find. Make sure you typed the name...: When I try and delete this it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-file-that-says-windows-cannot/617e259b-9aed-40eb-9ee6-e3d7e8ca3d42
  9. Windows cannot find ' F:\dataweave_qs\dataweave.txt ' .Make sure you typed the name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ' F:\dataweave_qs\dataweave.txt ' .Make sure you typed the name...: Actually i went with the recent windows-11 update from that day my files are not opening and my Microsoft store also not opening and whatever the files i have in my temp folder i.e., documents and downloads, desktop those files are gone . Anyone Please help me how to resolve...
  10. Windows cannot find ' F:\dataweave_qs\dataweave.txt ' .Make sure you typed the name...

Windows cannot find ' F:\dataweave_qs\dataweave.txt ' .Make sure you typed the name...: Actually i went with the recent windows-11 update from that day my files are not opening and my Microsoft store also not opening and whatever the files i have in my temp folder i.e., documents and downloads, desktop those files are gone . Anyone Please help me how to resolve...