Windows 10: Cannot type in certain areas within Windows

Discus and support Cannot type in certain areas within Windows in Cortana to solve the problem; I can't run a Windows search, or do anything at all in the Windows store, including logging in to Microsoft. The keyboard doesn't register, and I can't... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Reyak, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Reyak Win User

Cannot type in certain areas within Windows

I can't run a Windows search, or do anything at all in the Windows store, including logging in to Microsoft. The keyboard doesn't register, and I can't even right click (though I can right click in Windows search).

Troubleshoots I've tried...

• running ctfmon

• Both AppXManifest methods on Windows Help site

• System File Checker

• Windows Update

• There was another one I did in Task Scheduler, but I don't remember the name of the file.

I can get around everywhere else that I can think of. Browsers are fine, games, and programs are fine. It's just those two areas. Can anyone give me a clue... beyond the troubleshoots already mentioned?

:)

Reyak, Nov 17, 2018

2. Unable to type in to box on 'Control Panel'.

This issue might occur if some file types for indexing were disabled after the updates. We suggest that you try rebuilding your search index by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on
      OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • Click on the File Types tab. From here, you can choose to include certain file types from indexing by checking them in the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Cannot type in certain areas within Windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Cannot type in certain areas within Windows

1. Cannot type in certain areas within Windows - Similar Threads - Cannot type certain

2. Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?: Hi,I have 'project' folders that I want to appear in a certain way. None of the available folder types will do the job without mucking things up for the 'normal' folders. So...1 Is it possible to create custom folder types, by the backdoor if necessary?2 Didn't we used to be...
  3. Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?: Hi,I have 'project' folders that I want to appear in a certain way. None of the available folder types will do the job without mucking things up for the 'normal' folders. So...1 Is it possible to create custom folder types, by the backdoor if necessary?2 Didn't we used to be...
  4. Customising certain folders within a Folder Type desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Certain applications within windows 10 not appearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain applications within windows 10 not appearing.: Hello I have a problem where certain application logos within windows are not appearing. The apps without logos are either video files or apps from the microsoft store and they are simply all the same image. Does anyone know a fix for this?...
  6. Windows: I cannot save files of a certain extension type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows: I cannot save files of a certain extension type: I can no longer use a program to save files of a certain extension type. I'm using Windows Pro version 1909 .bp bravo prodigy it worked fine before recent updates the file name appears in the recent folder but has zero data...
  7. Cannot type in certain places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot type in certain places: I have a used Asus N53J laptop. The person who upgraded it to Windows 10 had a problem with the touchpad driver, but that is resolved. However, when you try to type in the search bar Cortana It won't type. It also will not type anything in Edge, or Mail, or Skype logon....
  8. Can't type in certain areas

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type in certain areas: Hello, please could someone help. I have an Acer EX2519 laptop and I have Office Home/Personal ? installed. It was working fine till a few weeks ago. I can type my password and log on at start up, but it won't let me type in the following situations:- 1 log onto a wifi...
  9. Keyboard not working in certain areas

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working in certain areas: Hey computer savvy people My dad's wireless keyboard has decided to stop working but only in some areas of his windows 10 computer. It's now working in the search bar on windows home screen, internet explorer, searching in settings It does however work in firefox, word...
  10. cannot type in body of document area

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot type in body of document area: Today I found this site and looking forward to better learn the Win 10. Santa brought me a new Lenova laptop for Christmas and I am finding things are quite different from my previous Win 7 software. I have been able to find my way around so far, but cannot figure this one...