Windows 10: Cannot type in certain places

Discus and support Cannot type in certain places in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a used Asus N53J laptop. The person who upgraded it to Windows 10 had a problem with the touchpad driver, but that is resolved. However, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bobbi3_36, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Bobbi3_36 Win User

Cannot type in certain places

I have a used Asus N53J laptop.
    The person who upgraded it to Windows 10 had a problem with the touchpad driver, but that is resolved.
    However, when you try to type in the search bar Cortana It won't type.
    It also will not type anything in Edge, or Mail, or Skype logon. any of MS's rectangular shaped boxes are a no go
    I have tried just about everything I could find here and on youtube, nothing works.
    Plz help.
    TY,
    Bobbi

:)

Bobbi3_36, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

Hi,

It's possible that some settings on your computer are preventing you from placing desktop icons in a specific location. We'd like to learn more about your concern so we could provide the proper troubleshooting steps. We just have a few questions
    for you:

• Which version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter.

• Does this only happen with certain icons, or does this happen with any icon? Please post a screenshot so we could study it further.

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?

Yolvi Ell, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User

We appreciate the information you've provided. We suggest downloading the latest update, KB4020102, to see if that resolves your concern with the icon placement.
    To do that, go to Settings > Update & Security
    > Check for Updates.

We also recommend changing the desktop icon settings. To access it, follow these steps:

• Click Start.

• Type Themes and press Enter.

• Click Change desktop icons.

• Uncheck Allow themes to change desktop icons.

• Click Apply.

• Click OK.

After installing the latest updates and changing the desktop icon settings, check if you can place icons on the left side of your screen.

Let us know if what happens to your icon placement after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Just to confirm, is your current profile connected to your Microsoft account? If it is, you'll need to disconnect your Microsoft account first, then create a new user profile and connect it to your Microsoft account. To do so, follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Accounts and press Enter.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Click Add someone else to this PC.
    • Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.
    • Once you've created a new account, click Your info.
    • Click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Enter your current password and press Next.
    • Enter a user name, password and password hint and click Next..
    • Click Sign out and finish.
    • Sign in to the new account and check if you can place icons to the left side of the screen. If it works, move on to the next step.
    • Move all your files to the new account. Do steps 1 and 2.
    • Click Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your password and click Next.
    • Enter your Microsoft account credentials and click Next.
    • Select how you want to receive the security code, enter the required information and click
      Next.
    • Enter the code you received and click Next.
    • Click Switch.
    Let us know if you're able to place icons wherever you want to after following the steps above.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot type in certain places - Similar Threads - Cannot type certain

2. Keyboard not working in certain places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working in certain places: So I upgraded to windows 11 2 days ago and my keyboard does not want to work in the windows search, file explorer, settings and Minecraft windows edition I have tried so many solutions now and I've even tried another keyboard... I don't know what else to do...
  3. Keyboard not working in certain places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working in certain places: So I upgraded to windows 11 2 days ago and my keyboard does not want to work in the windows search, file explorer, settings and Minecraft windows edition I have tried so many solutions now and I've even tried another keyboard... I don't know what else to do...
  4. desktop icons keep moving in a certain place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep moving in a certain place: I really want to customize my desktop wherein each icon is group with each other, for example games are together, and so are software for work. However, whenever I move it, it will keep going back to the default place where everyone else located.Is there a way to customize...
  5. desktop icons keep moving in a certain place

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons keep moving in a certain place: I really want to customize my desktop wherein each icon is group with each other, for example games are together, and so are software for work. However, whenever I move it, it will keep going back to the default place where everyone else located.Is there a way to customize...
  6. desktop icons keep moving in a certain place

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows: I cannot save files of a certain extension type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows: I cannot save files of a certain extension type: I can no longer use a program to save files of a certain extension type. I'm using Windows Pro version 1909 .bp bravo prodigy it worked fine before recent updates the file name appears in the recent folder but has zero data...
  8. Can't type in certain areas

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't type in certain areas: Hello, please could someone help. I have an Acer EX2519 laptop and I have Office Home/Personal ? installed. It was working fine till a few weeks ago. I can type my password and log on at start up, but it won't let me type in the following situations:- 1 log onto a wifi...
  9. Cannot type in certain areas within Windows

in Cortana
    Cannot type in certain areas within Windows: I can't run a Windows search, or do anything at all in the Windows store, including logging in to Microsoft. The keyboard doesn't register, and I can't even right click (though I can right click in Windows search). Troubleshoots I've tried... running ctfmon Both...
  10. My mouse wont click on certain places

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse wont click on certain places: so i've got this issue that comes and goes. Uh so basically my mouse wont click my taskbar sometimes and on google chrome when i press on one of my bookmarks it opens a new tab instead and when i press on it, it closes down, and no im not pressing the X, its wherever i press...