Windows 10: Cannot type in full password

Discus and support Cannot type in full password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by diego wallis hiller, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Cannot type in full password

When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password

:)

diego wallis hiller, Apr 5, 2023

2. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Apr 5, 2023
  3. Cannot type password into Windows login screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better. I like to know; when you type password, are you able to view the black dots in the password area?

I suggest you to start your computer in safe and check if the same issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 5, 2023
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Cannot type in full password

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Apr 5, 2023
Thema:

Cannot type in full password

1. Cannot type in full password - Similar Threads - Cannot type full

2. Cannot type in full password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in full password: When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password...
  3. Cannot type in full password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type in full password: When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password...
  4. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Typing: Well in my years of working on computers this is a new one for me. I have someone with a laptop Windows 10, all updates are current, just went through an update this morning. When I remote into this laptop I can type passwords anywhere on the system. The laptop itself can...
  5. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Typing: Well in my years of working on computers this is a new one for me. I have someone with a laptop Windows 10, all updates are current, just went through an update this morning. When I remote into this laptop I can type passwords anywhere on the system. The laptop itself can...
  6. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I cannot type a password to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot type a password to login: I cannot type a password to login. The box automatically fill with dots. Go to into tools for trouble shooting if I select an option is does take. If I use a prompt is will not take or automatically fills with equals signs. I cannot get in to control panel because I cannot...
  8. cannot type

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot type: im on windows ten and I can only type in apps like Internet exp or Word. in other apps it just doesn't react at all. what should I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type/8a0d8e9c-c181-42b8-8e0c-2bcb2b4e0926
  9. cannot type in the password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cannot type in the password: i boot the computer and i cant type the password. its not like its not registering the keyboard, the password box wont show up how can i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type-in-the-password/2dbadbf4-96f2-41eb-9363-d08b569a4f33
  10. Cannot type WIFI password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot type WIFI password: Win10 x64 [14393.693] As soon as I update Windows to this version, I cannot type anything in the WIFI password field. Keyboard isn't responding there. One workaround is to type WIFI password on Notepad and copy and paste. Annoying. Any ideas? Update: If I boot into...