Windows 10: Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

Discus and support Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to use the search bar next to the Start menu in Windows 10 because it will not accept characters when I try to type. It was working a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SherryAl-Mufti, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

I am unable to use the search bar next to the Start menu in Windows 10 because it will not accept characters when I try to type. It was working a few days ago.

I have tried every fix I could find, and spent hours trying to fix it with no results.

:)

SherryAl-Mufti, Feb 27, 2021

2. Cannot type in Start Menu, Search Bar & WiFi Password

Hi

I cannot type in Windows Start Menu, Search Bar and even cannot type the WiFi Password. I tried the steps in the below link and it didn't work.

Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

Please help.

Thanks !!

Venkatesh Dhanaraj, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

quick search does not contains link inside start menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below Suggestions:

1. The Search bar in Widows 10 is more fast and easy. You can search your program by typing it in Search bar.

2. You can use the exact interface of Start menu of Windows 8 in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.

• Click Start menu and select "Settings".
    • Click on "Personalization" and select "Start".
    • Turn "Use Start full screen"
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

1. Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu - Similar Threads - Cannot type search

2. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  3. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it: The tray also randomly appears, even when in a fullscreen application. It seems to be consistent and always refreshes when it appears. I tried using the Virtual Agent and the Troubleshooter, with no success. I have no idea what caused this, it started randomly yesterday, and...
  4. Can't type in Start menu nor click the search box next to it

in Cortana
  5. Cannot type in search bar.

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  6. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  7. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't type in start menu search bar?

in Cortana
    Can't type in start menu search bar?: Today i started facing this issue after i set my system's locale to japan so i could run some software.The language options on the bottom right of the bar disappeared and suddenly I wasn't able to type anything in the search box of the start menu. or the settings. I tried...
  9. Cannot access search bar in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access search bar in start menu: I cannot access the search bar in the start menu. Additionally, the multiple desktops icon on the taskbar is no longer available. This bug started yesterday, updating and restarting did not fix it. I would go to the searchbar, type in "microsoft feedback", and download the...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...