Windows 10: Cannot type in search bar.

Discus and support Cannot type in search bar. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZakariaElmererbi, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Cannot type in search bar.

The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help.

:)

ZakariaElmererbi, Jan 21, 2022
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jan 21, 2022
  4. fussybob Win User

Cannot type in search bar.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Cannot type in search bar.

1. Cannot type in search bar. - Similar Threads - Cannot type search

2. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  3. I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type in the search bar: Hi,This has happened to me a couple of times. I'll click on search in the taskbar and then click in the search bar and start typing, but the search bar does not respond to my keyboard. I effectively cannot do any searches. I have to reboot to get this to work again.Any ideas...
  4. Cannot type in search bar.

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  5. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  6. Can search but cannot directly type in windows search bar

in Cortana
    Can search but cannot directly type in windows search bar: Hi there,I have read and tried every solution to fix the inability to search in windows. Nothing worked. As I was trying every suggestion I found that I can search but only typing text somewhere and then pasting it in the windows search bar! Also, I would like to mention that...
  7. I cannot type in my windows search bar

in Cortana
    I cannot type in my windows search bar: Hi there,I currently have an issue where I cannot type in my windows search bar. I don't really now how to resolve this problem. Also, I don' have the full copy of windows. Is that the issue? If so, do I need to buy it?...
  8. No language bar and cannot type in search box?

in Cortana
    No language bar and cannot type in search box?: Hello. Everything worked fine yesterday. The only thing i have done that day is that i have run userbenchmark on my computer. After restarting i've lost my language bar and i cannot type in search boxes in windows 10? I've restarted Explorer, but that does not fix it....
  9. Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar": I had to reset Windows 10 then install all updates. Now I cannot type in the search bar. I have to select the Windows icon then type. I tried several fixes found here in the forum for same issue but nothing worked....
  10. Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10: Recently after I updated Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. I can't type anything in this box. I tried all the tricks: -Rebuilding Index -Command prompt commands - Powershell Commands etc that I found. But I am unable to fix the issue. Please Help!...