Windows 10: Cannot type in search box in explorer

Discus and support Cannot type in search box in explorer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since the last update, search has been acting up. Often I cannot type in the search box in the upper right corner of any open folder. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/butterballmd, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Cannot type in search box in explorer

Ever since the last update, search has been acting up. Often I cannot type in the search box in the upper right corner of any open folder. I have to restart to get it working. How to fix? Thanks.

submitted by /u/butterballmd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/butterballmd, Jan 26, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Jan 26, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Cannot type in search box in explorer

Search boxes inside windows not working

"ellellell1 said:
    • File > Change folder and search options > View
    • Scroll down until you see 'When typing into list view'
    • Choose 'Automatically type into the Search Box'
    • Then 'Apply'
    Where do I have to do that? I dont understand what that is."

Let's you click in File explorer Search box and type whether you see cursor or not. type in the

Cannot type in search box in explorer [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Cannot type in search box in explorer

1. Cannot type in search box in explorer - Similar Threads - Cannot type search

2. Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Can't Type Into Windows File Explorer Search Box: This morning I rebooted my PC because I couldn't get it out of sleep mode the monitor remained black. Everything seemed to come up normally. I noticed a process called Antimalware Service Executable, which I had never seen running before, hogging resources for an extended...
  3. Can't type anything in the file explorer search box.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type anything in the file explorer search box.: Just that. I've tried resetting my notebook several times, but it didn't work. How do I fix this? Thanks. submitted by /u/CannedPeas_1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1urbt/cant_type_anything_in_the_file_explorer_search_box/
  4. No language bar and cannot type in search box?

in Cortana
    No language bar and cannot type in search box?: Hello. Everything worked fine yesterday. The only thing i have done that day is that i have run userbenchmark on my computer. After restarting i've lost my language bar and i cannot type in search boxes in windows 10? I've restarted Explorer, but that does not fix it....
  5. Cannot Type in Search Boxes Explorer/Start...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Type in Search Boxes Explorer/Start...: I have an unusual issue where I cannot type anything into Windows search boxes. Specifically the built in 'Search' in the explorer windows, and the 'Start' menu search doesn't show when typing. However I can search in the Control Panel. Also, to confound this issue further...
  6. I cannot type in search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot type in search box: I cannot type in a search box. It started after I changed a password to Wi-Fi. I am trying to insert the password but it is impossible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-type-in-search-box/1673b82a-068c-4047-b342-bc5a6e28198d
  7. Can't Type into Windows File Explorer Search Box

in Cortana
    Can't Type into Windows File Explorer Search Box: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 3060 - Windows 10 Pro machine that is only about a year old and I am having issues where I cannot type into the search bar to look for any files. I simply cannot click into it. I've tried to do some research and have attempted the following but...
  8. Windows 10 Version 1909 - Cannot type into File Explorer search box

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Version 1909 - Cannot type into File Explorer search box: Hi all, I have an HP 15-DW0046NR laptop with Intel 8265U processor and 8GB RAM. Windows version is Windows 10 x64 Enterprise, Version 1909 OS Build 10.0.18363.535 (Nov 2019 Update). The problem is that since I received the update the other day the search box is "dead". By...
  9. File Explorer can't type Search box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer can't type Search box: I cannot enter data in the File Explorer Search Box. This problem is annoying and reoccurring. I have "fixed" it several times but it keeps coming back. I can see online that many people have the same problem. It started about a month ago. Windows 10 When will this be...
  10. Cannot type in search box

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search box: Hello all, The "improved" search box in Windows 10 v. 1909 is broken. 1) It shows one character at a time. - If I type "pdf" it displays "p" then only "d" then only "f". 2) Then it displays a box character (see picture below). 3) Clicking the arrow button does nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot type in search box in file explorer