Windows 10: Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail

Discus and support Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After recovering from an exception error caused by CorsairVBusDriver.sys by first restoring windows, then renaming all occurrences of the file to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Goolash, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Goolash Win User

Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail

After recovering from an exception error caused by CorsairVBusDriver.sys by first restoring windows, then renaming all occurrences of the file to include .bak at the end, I uninstalled Corsair Utility Engine, dated 2016, and installed the newest iCUE dated 2020.

I am unable to type in any search field, the run prompt, or in Mail now. Also, various apps now fail to start when I click on them. They will behave like they are starting, then the icon vanishes and they never actually start, with no error messages or indications of any sort.

:)

Goolash, Dec 19, 2020

2. How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

So neither the Search field nor the Cortana Search field work?

NeuesTestament, Dec 19, 2020
  3. SkyCat Win User
    Outlook Contacts fields sync

Hi Julie, thanks for the contact list fields.

My problem with contact sync:

• Windows Phone 7: contains a field "website"
    • live.com(hotmail contacts): contains a field "website"
    • Windows Live Mail 2011: contains 2 fields "personal website" and "work website"
    Those 3 platforms don't sync these fields among each other. Do you have any ideas, suggestions?

SkyCat, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail

Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field

Hi,

Are you unable to just type in this fields or are these fields greyed out?

I would suggest you to first check if install all the latest updates available through Windows updates to make sure that you have all the patches. If you have already done this, then I would suggest try these steps and check if it

helps:

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail

1. Cannot type in search fields, run field, or Mail - Similar Threads - Cannot type search

2. tiny letters in search field

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tiny letters in search field: I'm a new user of W11 and a have a really strange problem.I don't understand why the size of the letters in de seachfield are so tiny.Hopefully someone has a solution to fix this.Sorry for my english, it isn't my native language...
  3. Cannot enter the "Search" field

in Cortana
    Cannot enter the "Search" field: Window 10 Pro w Office 365Trying to use the left mouse key to enter the search field on the taskbar but nothing happens and cannot do a search. The left mouse button does work on other apps,...
  4. Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar: I uninstalled an update of windows as i was trying to troubleshoot a mouse connection issue. since the uninstall i have not been able to type into a search bar. I have tried several troubleshooting options on this forum with no positive results. one thing to note when i try...
  5. Windows mail BCC field

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail BCC field: Why when after sending email using windows mail the names I put in the BCC field seem to disappear from the original email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-bcc-field/9f5d62db-95e8-4e4f-9fd3-4e7cd068c609
  6. Webpage search field

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webpage search field: When I type in a search field from any website (google, reddit, yahoo) on either Chrome or Explorer, the suggestions are not highlighted as I scroll through them with the down arrow. Anyone knows a fix for this? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  7. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  8. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  9. Search field in bottom taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search field in bottom taskbar: Hi there I have made a large update of Windows 10 (which I couldn´t chose myself) and the first thing i find, to my great irritation, is a big white ugly search field to the left of the task bar. How do I remove that? BR, Staffan Söderlund...
  10. How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?): I now find, to my great surprise, that I can't type in the Search field at bottom left. The cursor will go there but nothing will happen to it when I start typing. This is amazing. This computer. Endless problems. I have two computer each with win10 and each installed at...