Windows 10: cannot type in the password

Discus and support cannot type in the password in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; i boot the computer and i cant type the password. its not like its not registering the keyboard, the password box wont show up how can i solve this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jooshsz, Jan 5, 2019.

1. jooshsz Win User

cannot type in the password

i boot the computer and i cant type the password. its not like its not registering the keyboard, the password box wont show up how can i solve this?

:)

jooshsz, Jan 5, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jan 5, 2019
  3. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Bruce SX Win User

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

She has changed the Google password.

Do we change her Microsoft password using her pc using the following steps?

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

Bruce SX, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. cannot type in the password - Similar Threads - cannot type password

2. Cannot type in full password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot type in full password: When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password...
  3. Cannot type in full password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in full password: When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password...
  4. Cannot type in full password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Typing: Well in my years of working on computers this is a new one for me. I have someone with a laptop Windows 10, all updates are current, just went through an update this morning. When I remote into this laptop I can type passwords anywhere on the system. The laptop itself can...
  6. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Typing: Well in my years of working on computers this is a new one for me. I have someone with a laptop Windows 10, all updates are current, just went through an update this morning. When I remote into this laptop I can type passwords anywhere on the system. The laptop itself can...
  7. Password Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I cannot type a password to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot type a password to login: I cannot type a password to login. The box automatically fill with dots. Go to into tools for trouble shooting if I select an option is does take. If I use a prompt is will not take or automatically fills with equals signs. I cannot get in to control panel because I cannot...
  9. cannot type

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot type: im on windows ten and I can only type in apps like Internet exp or Word. in other apps it just doesn't react at all. what should I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type/8a0d8e9c-c181-42b8-8e0c-2bcb2b4e0926
  10. Cannot type WIFI password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot type WIFI password: Win10 x64 [14393.693] As soon as I update Windows to this version, I cannot type anything in the WIFI password field. Keyboard isn't responding there. One workaround is to type WIFI password on Notepad and copy and paste. Annoying. Any ideas? Update: If I boot into...