Windows 10: Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings

Discus and support Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings in Cortana to solve the problem; I was trying to resolve issues with my computer running slow and disabled a few things using this guide.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Pwnage Inc., Feb 17, 2021.

1. Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings

I was trying to resolve issues with my computer running slow and disabled a few things using this guide.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/windows101tricks.com/windows-10-high-cpu-usage/amp/
    It worked in speeding things up but it seems it may have broken something in the process and is now preventing me from updating windows store apps, typing in windows store, typing in the start menu search bar, and typing in windows settings.

:)

Pwnage Inc., Feb 17, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Window Store

Thank you for the update. We suggest resetting the Windows store and check if this will resolve your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Settings on Cortana search box then press
      Enter.
    • Click on Apps.
    • On the Search this list box, type in Store.
    • Click on Store then click on Advance options.
    • Click on Reset.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Feb 17, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 17, 2021
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings

1. Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings - Similar Threads - Cannot type Store

2. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store. I also cannot type into the dialog box...
  3. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Cortana
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...
  4. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...
  5. Cannot type in search bar.

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  6. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  7. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar": I had to reset Windows 10 then install all updates. Now I cannot type in the search bar. I have to select the Windows icon then type. I tried several fixes found here in the forum for same issue but nothing worked....
  9. Cannot type in Start Menu, Cortana Search, Settings, etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type in Start Menu, Cortana Search, Settings, etc.: Hello. This has been an issue for me for a while now, and I've gotten sick of ignoring it. As the title states, I'm unable to type in the start menu, cortana, or anywhere in Settings/System info. However, I CAN type in Windows Explorer, cmd, run, and nearly everything else....
  10. Cannot type in search box

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search box: Hello all, The "improved" search box in Windows 10 v. 1909 is broken. 1) It shows one character at a time. - If I type "pdf" it displays "p" then only "d" then only "f". 2) Then it displays a box character (see picture below). 3) Clicking the arrow button does nothing...