Windows 10: Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings

Discus and support Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings in Cortana to solve the problem; I was trying to resolve issues with my computer running slow and disabled a few things using this guide.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Pwnage Inc., Feb 17, 2021.

1. Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings

I was trying to resolve issues with my computer running slow and disabled a few things using this guide.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/windows101tricks.com/windows-10-high-cpu-usage/amp/
    It worked in speeding things up but it seems it may have broken something in the process and is now preventing me from updating windows store apps, typing in windows store, typing in the start menu search bar, and typing in windows settings.

:)

Pwnage Inc., Feb 17, 2021
  2. John Fer Win User

Window Store

Thank you for the update. We suggest resetting the Windows store and check if this will resolve your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Settings on Cortana search box then press
      Enter.
    • Click on Apps.
    • On the Search this list box, type in Store.
    • Click on Store then click on Advance options.
    • Click on Reset.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Feb 17, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 17, 2021
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings

1. Cannot type in Windows Store, Search, or Settings - Similar Threads - Cannot type Store

2. Settings and windows search won't open or type

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings and windows search won't open or type: I have a Lenovo 330 I've one EVER used it for Netflix and general google searches. As of last night I've been unable to open settings it will flash open and close then the icon updates and the process just repeats. My cortona/windows search won't work or type can't click...
  3. Can't type in windows settings and search box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't type in windows settings and search box: So I've noticed that I couldn't type anything in the windows search box and windows settings at all. I also can't seem to switch typing language, as the button for it is no longer there. I've tried restore health and Scannow. It found and fix corrupt files but didn't solve...
  4. I cannot type in search box

I cannot type in search box: I cannot type in a search box. It started after I changed a password to Wi-Fi. I am trying to insert the password but it is impossible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-type-in-search-box/1673b82a-068c-4047-b342-bc5a6e28198d
  5. Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 "Cannot type in Search bar": I had to reset Windows 10 then install all updates. Now I cannot type in the search bar. I have to select the Windows icon then type. I tried several fixes found here in the forum for same issue but nothing worked....
  6. Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10

in Cortana
    Cannot type in Search Bar of Windows 10: Recently after I updated Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. I can't type anything in this box. I tried all the tricks: -Rebuilding Index -Command prompt commands - Powershell Commands etc that I found. But I am unable to fix the issue. Please Help!...
  7. Cannot type in Start Menu, Cortana Search, Settings, etc.

Cannot type in Start Menu, Cortana Search, Settings, etc.: Hello. This has been an issue for me for a while now, and I've gotten sick of ignoring it. As the title states, I'm unable to type in the start menu, cortana, or anywhere in Settings/System info. However, I CAN type in Windows Explorer, cmd, run, and nearly everything else....
  8. Cannot type in search box in explorer

Cannot type in search box in explorer: Ever since the last update, search has been acting up. Often I cannot type in the search box in the upper right corner of any open folder. I have to restart to get it working. How to fix? Thanks. submitted by /u/butterballmd [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot type in search box

in Cortana
    Cannot type in search box: Hello all, The "improved" search box in Windows 10 v. 1909 is broken. 1) It shows one character at a time. - If I type "pdf" it displays "p" then only "d" then only "f". 2) Then it displays a box character (see picture below). 3) Clicking the arrow button does nothing...
  10. Cannot type anything on the task bar and inside setting search bar!

Cannot type anything on the task bar and inside setting search bar!: Hi, I've recently updated my laptop to the newest version of Windows 10, since then I started to notice that I cannot input any keys / characters from my keyboard on the task bar and inside setting search bar. May I know how to resolve this issue? I have no trouble typing...