Windows 10: Cannot type Korean

Discus and support Cannot type Korean in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed Korean language pack for Window 10 but cannot type Korean. Window successfully displays Korean. And on task bar, I can see that my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SooMinHur, Feb 1, 2019.

1. SooMinHur Win User

Cannot type Korean

I installed Korean language pack for Window 10 but cannot type Korean.

Window successfully displays Korean.

And on task bar, I can see that my current language is Korean.

But when I type, it still typing English.

:)

SooMinHur, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Guy.Yeon Win User

Unable to download the Korean language pack for Windows 10

Dear Good Samaritan,

I'm using Windows 10 Home English Edition pre-installed in my HP laptop.

I'm okay with the menus written in

English.

All I want is to type in Korean time to time.

Whenever I reboot my system, I'm able to type in Korean for few minutes.

But after that the system tells me "Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature" and does not allow me to type in Korean.

Below are the few things I've tried but failed to download the Korean language pack:

* Set OFF for Metered connection.

* Followed the steps in https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-change-languages-windows-10/.

* Installed and executed Windows Troubleshooting file.

Below are the steps that repeatedly occur:

1. I reboot my system.

2. I'm able to type in Korean.

3. Few minute later, my system automatically tries to download the Korean language pack.

4. I receive a message that says, "Something happened, and we couldn't install a feature."

5. Immediately, I'm not able to type in Korean. (I wish to turn off the automatic language pack downloading option.)

6. I click the Korean language pack download buttons for Basic typing, Handwriting and Speech.

7. I get "Download failed" message for each button.

Would appreciate your kind help.

Regards,

Guy

Guy.Yeon, Feb 1, 2019
  3. Why i can't type in Korean?

Hi Seon,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

As per my understanding you are not able to set Korean language in your computer.

There are few languages that Windows 10 has pre-installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language is set as default. Follow the steps below to set the language as default.

1.Press Windows key + X, click on Control Panel.

2.change View by to large icons,

3.Click on Language.

4.Select Korean Language.

5. Move the Korean Language on top by clicking Move Up button on top in order to set it as default.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Also see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-add-an-input-language-to-your-pc#v1h=tab01

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Guy.Yeon Win User

Cannot type Korean

Unable to download the Korean language pack for Windows 10

Hi Andre,

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

Unfortunately I'm stuck at the step below and not able to download the language pack.

Cannot type Korean 8b80f238-412d-41fd-a53c-0e79699a6a86.png

All I want is to type in Korean time to time.

If I reboot my system it allows me to type both in English and Korean.

But after few minutes the following things happen repeatedly:

1. My system automatically tries to download the Korean language pack. (Few months ago I had manually clicked the Korean language pack download option. It failed to download the pack.)

2. The automatic download fails. FYI, "Metered connection" is set OFF by default in my system.

3. Now the option to type in Korean disappears. (I wish I may be able to turn off the automatic Korean language pack download option.)

4. I keep clickng the 3 download buttons (Basic typing, Handwriting, Speech) for Korean language pack.

5. I only get "Download failed" message.

6. I reboot the system only to type in Korean for few minutes before the step 1, 2, 3 happen.

Regards

Guy

Guy.Yeon, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Cannot type Korean

1. Cannot type Korean - Similar Threads - Cannot type Korean

2. can't type in korean in edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't type in korean in edge: I changed the language to korean and installed all the features including speech. I also switched the touch keyboard to Korean Microsoft Old Hangul but I can't get my computer to type in Korean in Edge. The websites are in Korean, but when I try to type it comes out in...
  3. can't type in korean in edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't type in korean in edge: I changed the language to korean and installed all the features including speech. I also switched the touch keyboard to Korean Microsoft Old Hangul but I can't get my computer to type in Korean in Edge. The websites are in Korean, but when I try to type it comes out in...
  4. I can't type Korean in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type Korean in Windows 10: Hi there,I am facing a problem with the Korean language. I can't type in Korean Language.I install the Korean Language Properly as you can see in these Screenshots:But when I want to change my language from English to Korean from the Language bar. The Korean language icon is...
  5. I can't type Korean in Windows 10

I can't type Korean in Windows 10: Hi there,I am facing a problem with the Korean language. I can't type in Korean Language.I install the Korean Language Properly as you can see in these Screenshots:But when I want to change my language from English to Korean from the Language bar. The Korean language icon is...
  6. Trouble with advanced typing in Korean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with advanced typing in Korean: I’m trying to type obsolete hangul characters, as detailed on Wikipedia, on Windows 10.I tried to customize a keyboard layout for myself thinking I might fix the **** that is the standard layout along the way using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator version 1.4, but to no...
  7. Trouble with advanced typing in Korean

Trouble with advanced typing in Korean: I’m trying to type obsolete hangul characters, as detailed on Wikipedia, on Windows 10.I tried to customize a keyboard layout for myself thinking I might fix the **** that is the standard layout along the way using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator version 1.4, but to no...
  8. Cant type Korean, Japanese or Chinese on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant type Korean, Japanese or Chinese on windows 10: i could download Vietnamese, English, French keyboard and they appeared symbol like i put red color but with Korean, Japanese, Chinese they couldnt appear symbol like VIE, EN, FRA? cuz of that, i coundnt type those languages which have no symbol...
  9. Cant type Korean or Japanese

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant type Korean or Japanese: Hello, im using window 10.I've installed language pack in Korean, Japanese but i couldnt type. In my language list shows Korean , Japanese but it didnt appear symbol like below picture i put color and when i chose Korean to type but it also didnt appear mode /A. Help me if u...
  10. Korean typing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Korean typing: Hi,I can type Korean in Word and PPT with Korean IME, but that does not work on web, including emails; the IME typing does not work. Could somebody help me on this please?Green...