Windows 10: Cannot type my password in at the start screen for my Windows 10 system.

Discus and support Cannot type my password in at the start screen for my Windows 10 system. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Today I downloaded an Avast program that could have been a scam. I now cannot enter my HP desktop computer as it only goes as far as the start screen... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CeliaWebb, Dec 8, 2019.

1. CeliaWebb Win User

Cannot type my password in at the start screen for my Windows 10 system.

Today I downloaded an Avast program that could have been a scam. I now cannot enter my HP desktop computer as it only goes as far as the start screen and will not allow me to type anything into the start screen password box. I cannot reset the password as I never created a password reset disk.

Help!

:)

CeliaWebb, Dec 8, 2019

2. Cannot type password into Windows login screen

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better. I like to know; when you type password, are you able to view the black dots in the password area?

I suggest you to start your computer in safe and check if the same issue persist.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 8, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot type my password in at the start screen for my Windows 10 system. - Similar Threads - Cannot type password

2. Can't type my password on Windows 11 Start Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type my password on Windows 11 Start Screen: I can't access my PC because it won't let me type my password into the start-up box.It only accepts numbers into the PIN box for some reason, but my password contains both numbers and letters. Because I no longer have access to the email I used to start this PC, and there's...
  3. Can't type my password on Windows 11 Start Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type my password on Windows 11 Start Screen: I can't access my PC because it won't let me type my password into the start-up box.It only accepts numbers into the PIN box for some reason, but my password contains both numbers and letters. Because I no longer have access to the email I used to start this PC, and there's...
  4. Cannot type in password on Microsoft account sign-in screen. Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot type in password on Microsoft account sign-in screen. Windows 10: As the title would suggest, I cannot type in my password on the Microsoft account window. It prompts me to enter my password and I can't type anything, though it recognizes only the Enter key. I tried on-screen keyboard, booting to safe mode, switching different keyboards,...
  5. Cannot type in password on Microsoft account sign-in screen. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in password on Microsoft account sign-in screen. Windows 10: As the title would suggest, I cannot type in my password on the Microsoft account window. It prompts me to enter my password and I can't type anything, though it recognizes only the Enter key. I tried on-screen keyboard, booting to safe mode, switching different keyboards,...
  6. Cannot type in password on Microsoft account sign-in screen. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to type my password to login to windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to type my password to login to windows 10.: I am unable to login to my account in windows 10. Using Lenovo thinkpad. Please help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-my-password-to-login-to-windows-10/4160aeba-d622-4a8a-961e-1375b9bc1be2
  8. Installed Windows 10 update > erased my password, cannot login to my PC, cannot system...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Windows 10 update > erased my password, cannot login to my PC, cannot system...: I installed the latest update to Windows 10 today and it restarted, as usual. At the log-in though I received the notification that my PIN was no longer valid due to changes in the security software, and I would have to log-in to change things. Wasn't aware I had a PIN...
  9. cannot type in the password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cannot type in the password: i boot the computer and i cant type the password. its not like its not registering the keyboard, the password box wont show up how can i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type-in-the-password/2dbadbf4-96f2-41eb-9363-d08b569a4f33
  10. can't type my password on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't type my password on login screen: Good Morning, I have windows 10 home all in one pc. I have attached wireless keyboard and mouse with it. when I try to type my password it says not available. I have to press Fn and space bar many times after that I can type my password. done system restore to previous...