Windows 10: Cannot Type Pin

Discus and support Cannot Type Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a windows boot set up on my mac, and was trying to enter it but could not type in my pin—no characters appear in the text box, and hitting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ciciasmith, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Cannot Type Pin

I have a windows boot set up on my mac, and was trying to enter it but could not type in my pin—no characters appear in the text box, and hitting enter/return results in the “please type your pin” message. The keyboard isn’t the problem, as I am able to type the wifi password, and my account password in the forgot my pin menu. Restarting my computer also has not helped.

:)

ciciasmith, Apr 6, 2023

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 6, 2023
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Apr 6, 2023
  4. Cannot Type Pin

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 6, 2023
Thema:

Cannot Type Pin

1. Cannot Type Pin - Similar Threads - Cannot Type Pin

2. Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.: It sucks that i have to disturb a person for a question that is asked thousands of times. I've tried looking at other posts, however they didn't help with my problem. During log in, i've tried using my keyboard and the on screen keyboard, yet to no avail; it didn't work. I've...
  3. Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.: It sucks that i have to disturb a person for a question that is asked thousands of times. I've tried looking at other posts, however they didn't help with my problem. During log in, i've tried using my keyboard and the on screen keyboard, yet to no avail; it didn't work. I've...
  4. Cannot type in PIN during Log in screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Type Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Type Pin: I have a windows boot set up on my mac, and was trying to enter it but could not type in my pin—no characters appear in the text box, and hitting enter/return results in the “please type your pin” message. The keyboard isn’t the problem, as I am able to type the wifi...
  6. Cannot Type Pin

Cannot Type Pin: I have a windows boot set up on my mac, and was trying to enter it but could not type in my pin—no characters appear in the text box, and hitting enter/return results in the “please type your pin” message. The keyboard isn’t the problem, as I am able to type the wifi...
  7. Cannot type PIN into User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type PIN into User Account Control: Suddenly every time I go to do something Windows 11, the User Account Control Window appears asking for a PIN, but I cannot actually type in the PIN. I've tried more than one keyboard and they all work fine otherwise anyway. Have only recently begun using Windows 11....
  8. Cannot type PIN into User Account Control

Cannot type PIN into User Account Control: Suddenly every time I go to do something Windows 11, the User Account Control Window appears asking for a PIN, but I cannot actually type in the PIN. I've tried more than one keyboard and they all work fine otherwise anyway. Have only recently begun using Windows 11....
  9. Unable to type pin on create pin page

Unable to type pin on create pin page: So after formatting my PC I installed Windows 10, once it finished I went through the set up details. On set up it asked to create a pin , I click on it and a message says just a moment and a whirly circle of dots come Up but nothing happens.I can press Keyboard alt cntl And...
  10. cannot type

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot type: im on windows ten and I can only type in apps like Internet exp or Word. in other apps it just doesn't react at all. what should I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type/8a0d8e9c-c181-42b8-8e0c-2bcb2b4e0926