Windows 10: Cannot type WIFI password

Discus and support Cannot type WIFI password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win10 x64 [14393.693] As soon as I update Windows to this version, I cannot type anything in the WIFI password field. Keyboard isn't responding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eLPuSHeR, Mar 12, 2017.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Cannot type WIFI password

Win10 x64 [14393.693]

As soon as I update Windows to this version, I cannot type anything in the WIFI password field. Keyboard isn't responding there. One workaround is to type WIFI password on Notepad and copy and paste. Annoying.

Any ideas?

Update: If I boot into safe mode with networking, it works there. I have tried uninstalling several applications, including HP printer driver for trying to pinpoint the issue but it seems is Windows itself that is doing that.

:)

eLPuSHeR, Mar 12, 2017
  2. Dev. E. Win User

LUMIA 650 loses wifi capability after OS update to 1511 (10.0.10586.107)

Hi,

After my LUMIA 650 had an OS update (first one after first use), it lost the capability to connect to wifi.

It can find networks, determine the quality of reception, but after typing in the password, it says it cannot connect. First time it proposes to type in the password again, but after that, it cannot connect.

I have tried on a few wifi networks and made sure I typed the passwords correctly.

Since it can find the networks, I assume it's no hardware problem.

Anyone else had this? And if so, was it fixable?

Thanks!

Cheers, Eric

Dev. E., Mar 12, 2017
  3. Cannot type in Start Menu, Search Bar & WiFi Password

Hi

I cannot type in Windows Start Menu, Search Bar and even cannot type the WiFi Password. I tried the steps in the below link and it didn't work.

Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

Please help.

Thanks !!

Venkatesh Dhanaraj, Mar 12, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

What system language is your install? Does it match your keyboard?

I found in Wi-Fi password (and nowhere else) it ignores defined keyboard and uses English layout (my system language is en-US). Note I've deleted English as an input method buy Wi-Fi password still insists on using it.

5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Hello. Where do you check keyboard layouts? It should be set as Spanish (es-ES). Another odd thing I have noticed is that under Hardware Manager there are four keyboards listed. If I delete them and reboot they get reinstalled again.

Googling for this I found a similar issue acknowledged by Microsoft. So it seems it's a real bug.

In the interim I have found this link.

So. It seems we will have to wait for MS to release a fix.

eLPuSHeR, Mar 13, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Input method (keyboard) is under Control Panel > Language > Options

Cannot type WIFI password [​IMG]

I reported it on the feedback hub some time ago and looking today it seems to be reported for every language except English. Guess we have to wait as you said.

7. aspin Win User
    hello, sorry to ask of this but have you solved your problem? i've got the same problem now *Sad

aspin, Oct 5, 2017
  8. joe7dust Win User

This fix does not work for me. I double checked all the kb/Lang settings they're all English and so is my keyboard. Keyboard works 100% everywhere except for entering Wi-Fi passwords so I have to keep a text file of the passwords for copy/paste which I feel is insecure. Same after replacing the kb also. Also ctrl+v doesn't work so I right click - > paste.

joe7dust, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot type WIFI password - Similar Threads - Cannot type WIFI

2. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...
  3. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?: For some reason my computer won't let me type in the Taskbar, settings, or type in a wifi password, and it also won't let me connect to the internet. It will let me type in search engines but just not anything Microsoft related. I've looked up guides to fix it but nothing is...
  4. Can't type in the Taskbar or wifi password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot type in full password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot type in full password: When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password...
  6. Cannot type in full password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in full password: When i open my laptop and go to the login screen, i try to type in my password but after 4 characters it automatically goes as if i had pressed enter. Basically i cannot type in my full password...
  7. Cannot type in full password

8. Windows 11 Cannot Type in Search Box and also on wifi password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Cannot Type in Search Box and also on wifi password: i have tried every solution to repair the issue of not typing the search box and wifi password. Can Microsoft solve this problem. it has been 24 hrs working to solve this issue....
  9. Windows 11 Cannot Type in Search Box and also on wifi password

Windows 11 Cannot Type in Search Box and also on wifi password: i have tried every solution to repair the issue of not typing the search box and wifi password. Can Microsoft solve this problem. it has been 24 hrs working to solve this issue....
  10. cannot type in the password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cannot type in the password: i boot the computer and i cant type the password. its not like its not registering the keyboard, the password box wont show up how can i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-type-in-the-password/2dbadbf4-96f2-41eb-9363-d08b569a4f33