Windows 10: cannot type

Discus and support cannot type in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; im on windows ten and I can only type in apps like Internet exp or Word. in other apps it just doesn't react at all. what should I do about it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ViktoriaKolici, Jan 8, 2020.

1. cannot type

im on windows ten and I can only type in apps like Internet exp or Word. in other apps it just doesn't react at all. what should I do about it?

:)

ViktoriaKolici, Jan 8, 2020

2. Cortana search box - type request

Hi Richard,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • did you receive and error message?

I would suggest you to run System File Checker. its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restored corrupted files. Follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R on the keyboard
    • Type CMD the hit OK
    • Type: sfc/scannow at the Command Prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Jan 8, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Jan 8, 2020
  4. cannot type

Cursor jumps while Typing

Hi Marc,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left pane.
    • From the list click on System Maintenance and follow the on screen prompts.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

cannot type

1. cannot type - Similar Threads - cannot type

2. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...
  3. Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot type in Windows 11 Search Box: Hi, I got problem on Windows 11 that i can't type in search box. instead when i press a charracter in keyboard it work like hotkey to the apps pinned to start.For Example, Edge is pinned to start, so when i press E it will highlight the Edge App. plus when i click the search...
  4. The requested system device cannot be found 0x80073bc3 after typing the command manage-bde -off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The requested system device cannot be found 0x80073bc3 after typing the command manage-bde -off: I'm trying to reinstall windows on a friend's laptop after all else failed but it complains about the drive being bitlocker unlocked entered cmd through winre and used the manage-bde -off command to turn it off but it keeps giving me an error occurred the requested system...
  5. The requested system device cannot be found 0x80073bc3 after typing the command manage-bde -off

The requested system device cannot be found 0x80073bc3 after typing the command manage-bde -off: I'm trying to reinstall windows on a friend's laptop after all else failed but it complains about the drive being bitlocker unlocked entered cmd through winre and used the manage-bde -off command to turn it off but it keeps giving me an error occurred the requested system...
  6. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA: Hello, I attempted to update the BIOS through the official Lenovo website, following the readme instructions provided. It took me to the BIOS where it displayed 'Program new data' and below that 'Write new boot block.' I waited for about 1-2 hours, but it didn't progress at...
  7. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA: Hello, I attempted to update the BIOS through the official Lenovo website, following the readme instructions provided. It took me to the BIOS where it displayed 'Program new data' and below that 'Write new boot block.' I waited for about 1-2 hours, but it didn't progress at...
  8. Cannot start the PC after BIOS Update, 300-20ISH Desktop ideacentre - Type 90DA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...
  10. Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

Windows cannot find ***.*** make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again: I am getting following message when trying to open certain types of the files. I think currently that is mostly related to images anything that would be default would be opened by Photos app, but in the past there were other types of files as well. Also from time to time I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot type in windows search bar