Windows 10: Cannot un-partition an Xbox One external for Win10?

Discus and support Cannot un-partition an Xbox One external for Win10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, So, I have a WD EasyStore USB 3.0 4TB drive that I was originally using on my Xbox One as a storage drive for games I installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/heyitschet, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Cannot un-partition an Xbox One external for Win10?

Cannot un-partition an Xbox One external for Win10? 537YERadqtpshfXguTpADZC8b5z8GBrSAchi2nvOtsk.jpg

Hey guys,

So, I have a WD EasyStore USB 3.0 4TB drive that I was originally using on my Xbox One as a storage drive for games I installed. However, that had to take a backseat to a much more important use. I need the space on it to store 4K footage, as I'm now filming things in 4K as part of my day job. I spent a lot of time painstakingly deleting stuff from it. When I put in in my Win10 computer, it didn't recognize it at first. After a quick tutorial, I was able to find it in Disk Management. Now, I can format the Volume as a new volume but for some reason the drive is partitioned and will not let me un-partition it. Help on the net says there's an "unpartition" setting in the disk manager but I ain't seeing it. I'd really like to use all 4TB of this bad boy and I'm kinda mad it's giving me trouble. Screenshot in here. What am I doing wrong? I know I'm using exFAT for the partition, I need to make it work for Win10 and Mac.

right clicking won't let me do anything

submitted by /u/heyitschet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/heyitschet, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Question about Win10 and partitions.

Cannot un-partition an Xbox One external for Win10? [​IMG]

So I have a partition ready for Win10 but my question is will I still be able to access my other partitions once Win10 is installed? I keep hearing about the "recovery partition won't be able to be used" and I'm wondering if Win10 just doesn't play nice or if I'm good to go.

Toothless, Nov 3, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Darksaber Win User

Cannot un-partition an Xbox One external for Win10?

Xbox 360 cracked

Even though the hack is very complex, and should not be done by you and me, but the crack will let you play back-ups of your Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 games, and will boot all normal xbox games, yes all, not just the onces on the compatibilty list. So we are one step closer.

Source: TheINQ

Darksaber, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot un-partition an Xbox One external for Win10?

1. Cannot un-partition an Xbox One external for Win10? - Similar Threads - Cannot partition Xbox

2. FORMATTING ONE PARTITION OF EXTERNAL HARD DISK.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FORMATTING ONE PARTITION OF EXTERNAL HARD DISK.: I AM HAVING AN OLD INTERNAL HARD DISK OF NOT WORKING OLD Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. This internal hard disk is having two partition named as 'C' and 'D' In partition 'C' PROGRAM FILES, WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM FILES AND SOME OF FREE SOFTWARE'S INSTALLED PROGRAMS. This...
  3. FORMATTING ONE PARTITION OF EXTERNAL HARD DISK.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FORMATTING ONE PARTITION OF EXTERNAL HARD DISK.: I AM HAVING AN OLD INTERNAL HARD DISK OF NOT WORKING OLD Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. This internal hard disk is having two partition named as 'C' and 'D' In partition 'C' PROGRAM FILES, WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM FILES AND SOME OF FREE SOFTWARE'S INSTALLED PROGRAMS. This...
  4. FORMATTING ONE PARTITION OF EXTERNAL HARD DISK.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. cannot sign into the xbox app on Win10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot sign into the xbox app on Win10: i can see and play my games, offline. on the app when i go into settings it has my acct listed for purchases but has a sign in button at the top still.Clicking that, nothing happens. no sign in window or anythingi have tried to reset the store, sign into a local account and...
  6. Win10 xbox one s controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 xbox one s controller: Hi, I have an xbox one S controller and it can't paired with my win 10 1903, while on win 10 1803 it's paired. Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-xbox-one-s-controller/77057d3e-9472-4919-bec9-0a891d131eb9
  7. Xbox One Controller on Win10.

Xbox One Controller on Win10.: Hello! I recently bought an Xbox one controller to play old PC games as I used to back in the days. It seems like the controller works fine on just Win10 Havent checked newer games as of now but it doesnt seem to work while I launch the old games, it doesnt recognize the...
  8. Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition): I installed Win10 and Ubuntu on two M.2 socket SSDs respectively. I am able to access Win10 disk in Ubuntu; however, I cannot access Ubuntu disk in Win10. In "disk management", the Ubuntu disk is there, but upon right click only "Delete volume..." and "Help" are...
  9. external ntfs partition recognised by one computer, but not the other

external ntfs partition recognised by one computer, but not the other: I have a 2TB disk in USB 2 housing which I formatted on my desktop computer as an NTFS volume. It is still recognised by this machine as an NTFS volume even when I plugged it in just now. However on my laptop it is just seen as a raw volume. I swapped it into different...
  10. Set Up External Storage on Xbox One

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Up External Storage on Xbox One: How to: Set Up External Storage on Xbox One How to Set Up External Storage for Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and...