Windows 10: Cannot understand Bitlocker?

Discus and support Cannot understand Bitlocker? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running Windows 11 Pro 64 bit. I installed Axcrypt but found it too expensive and hard to use so I installed Bitlocker, I encrypted A 4TB USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by lysdexic, Mar 29, 2023.

1. lysdexic Win User

Cannot understand Bitlocker?

I am running Windows 11 Pro 64 bit. I installed Axcrypt but found it too expensive and hard to use so I installed Bitlocker, I encrypted A 4TB USB external drive which appeared to go satisfactorily if a lengthy process, when I connect the drive to the PC it tells m me the drive is encrypted and to enter the PIN to use it which I do and then all the drive's contents are available but what I don't understand is, when I double click the Bitlocker icon a box opens telling me that BOOT Disc SSD C: Bitlocker is on but I haven't encrypted that drive so why does it say BitLocker is on? and how do

:)

lysdexic, Mar 29, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

BitLocker permanent loop

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Are you connected to Domain?

• Are you using Windows 10 pro?

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the article below and check if it helps.

BitLocker Troubleshooting: Continuous reboot loop with BitLocker recovery on a slate device - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Cannot understand Bitlocker?

why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Cannot understand Bitlocker?

1. Cannot understand Bitlocker? - Similar Threads - Cannot understand Bitlocker

2. Cannot understand Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot understand Bitlocker?: I am running Windows 11 Pro 64 bit. I installed Axcrypt but found it too expensive and hard to use so I installed Bitlocker, I encrypted A 4TB USB external drive which appeared to go satisfactorily if a lengthy process, when I connect the drive to the PC it tells m me the...
  3. BitLocker cannot be recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker cannot be recover: Dear there, We got a laptop under our domain and had retrieved the BitLocker recover key several times on Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring consoleYesterday, a Windows update from 1909 to 20H2 has performed on the laptop, it was normal after the update....
  4. BitLocker cannot be recover

BitLocker cannot be recover: Dear there, We got a laptop under our domain and had retrieved the BitLocker recover key several times on Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring consoleYesterday, a Windows update from 1909 to 20H2 has performed on the laptop, it was normal after the update....
  5. BitLocker cannot be recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. BSOD: 3 .DMP Files I cannot understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD: 3 .DMP Files I cannot understand: Hello again,Can anyone take a look at the following Mini Dump files and help me understand what's going on?Latest minidumps from today + MSINFO:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9Wzop4VZn-yy-M5iJL09U4sBx79VMNT/view?usp=sharingBasically, if I'm using the PC and running...
  7. BSOD: 3 .DMP Files I cannot understand

BSOD: 3 .DMP Files I cannot understand: Hello again,Can anyone take a look at the following Mini Dump files and help me understand what's going on?Latest minidumps from today + MSINFO:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9Wzop4VZn-yy-M5iJL09U4sBx79VMNT/view?usp=sharingBasically, if I'm using the PC and running...
  8. BSOD: 3 .DMP Files I cannot understand

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cannot enable Bitlocker

Cannot enable Bitlocker: When I go to enable Bitlocker on an HP laptop with Windows 10 Pro, I get an error message that says "The data is invalid". I've tried the reset this PC option in Windows and removed everything but files without any luck. The laptop was previously encrypted with VeraCrypt...
  10. Cannot enable BitLocker

Cannot enable BitLocker: Hi all, I need help with drive encryption. The BitLocker keeps giving me an error with a message "The startup options on this PC are configured incorrectly. Contact your system administrator for more information". [ATTACH] I have attempted everything I could on my...