Windows 10: Cannot unhide hidden user account.

Discus and support Cannot unhide hidden user account. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently lent my gaming pc to my friend who was notorious for messing around with other people and their things. In preparation for this, i created a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by HighRockerDude2, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Cannot unhide hidden user account.

I recently lent my gaming pc to my friend who was notorious for messing around with other people and their things. In preparation for this, i created a new profile for them to use and then i hid my user account using the registry. Now that i have my machine back, i cannot unhide the account anymore. It still appeared in the registry and i have tried changing the value back to 1. I have tried deleting the special accounts folder from the registry as well as removing the account itself from the special accounts. It will not appear on the login screen and i cannot see it anymore when running netplwiz. The user account was previously named something different such as account1 and was changed to be a different name. When originally hiding the account the old name was used even though the logon screen would normally reflect the new name. Im wondering if this might be the cause of the issue. As of right mow when looking at the (c) drive i can see the folder for the missing account.

:)

HighRockerDude2, Feb 7, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User

How do i unhide a windows 10 hidden user account

Chris,

If all you did was hide a folder [in File explorer] then all you have to do is unhide that folder. Judging by your description, you have not changed your user account itself i.e. it is a folder that is hidden not the user account.

• Open File explorer,
    • in the upper-right, click on the dropdown arrow if necessary so that the ribbon is visible,
    • click on the View menu,
    • set the checkbox for Hidden items,
    • navigate to the folder concerned & clear its hidden property,
    • [optionally] clear the checkbox for Hidden items.

Denis

Tryx3, Feb 7, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

OK, then the actual account is not hidden, just the folder . . .

In Windows File Explorer, on the View Ribbon, check the box marked 'Hidden Items', can you now see your User Folder at C:\Users

If so then you can right click, choose properties and unhide the folder . . .

DaveM121, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Cannot unhide hidden user account.

As an admin i checked the hidden box on the my User folder by mistake and of course its hidden how do i unhide it?

Chris-2012, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Cannot unhide hidden user account.

1. Cannot unhide hidden user account. - Similar Threads - Cannot unhide hidden

2. Unhide admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unhide admin user: I want to unhide Windows Admin account, how can I do that ? as other users I have are kiosk so no access to registry how to show admin mode or able to enter username. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unhide-admin-user/efb37918-173a-4de1-9ce2-8d7ed20cf9ec
  3. Unhide admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unhide admin user: I want to unhide Windows Admin account, how can I do that ? as other users I have are kiosk so no access to registry how to show admin mode or able to enter username. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unhide-admin-user/efb37918-173a-4de1-9ce2-8d7ed20cf9ec
  4. Unhide admin user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Remove Archive attribute from hidden files without unhiding them

Remove Archive attribute from hidden files without unhiding them: I found out that about 99.9% of the files on our company shared drive have the Archive attribute set. I need to remove that attribute from all files on that drive, so that they aren't included as 'modified' files when I try to run Robocopy. I'm using the following command...
  6. Unhide user account windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unhide user account windows 11: I want to unhide an admin user login on windows 11 pro.When I setup windows 11 the user account is administrator.I set up another user with just standard permissions, because I don't want the other user to be able to access all parts of Win 11.If I use group policy editor to...
  7. Unhide user account windows 11

Unhide user account windows 11: I want to unhide an admin user login on windows 11 pro.When I setup windows 11 the user account is administrator.I set up another user with just standard permissions, because I don't want the other user to be able to access all parts of Win 11.If I use group policy editor to...
  8. 2nd User Account is hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd User Account is hidden: I've purchased a new Dell XPS Desktop and have gone through the setup process. I've set my self up as a Local User which is all fine. Following on from this I've added my wife as a 2nd local user with a standard account, but when I sign out or re-boot my PC her account isn't...
  9. Unhide a hidden file/folder without access to control panel on a LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unhide a hidden file/folder without access to control panel on a LAN: I am looking for some help please. I am trying to unhide a file, which was previously hidden using properties, on a LAN but I am unable to do so with access to Control Panel. Unfortunately, I don't have the option of adding any additional programmes/software onto the...
  10. User Account Control Window Hidden.......

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control Window Hidden.......: Been meaning to post this for a while, just now got to it......UAC Window on the last few builds has been popping up behind other windows and can't be seen during installation of programs. Only way to get it to come forward is to either do CTL+ALT+DEL and open Task Manager or...