Windows 10: Cannot UNinstall an incompatible app in Windows 10.

Discus and support Cannot UNinstall an incompatible app in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello, I have installed Windows 10 as a free upgrade to my existing Windows 7. On the old Windows 7 I had some applications which are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by virun, Mar 27, 2019.

1. virun Win User

Cannot UNinstall an incompatible app in Windows 10.

Cannot UNinstall an incompatible app in Windows 10. 6a844be4-1283-4479-8ffb-93852a322bbd?upload=true.png
    Hello,

I have installed Windows 10 as a free upgrade to my existing Windows 7.

On the old Windows 7 I had some applications which are not compatible with Windows 10.

Now, after the upgrade I am stuck with a set of applications which:
    1) I can't use them
    2) I can't uninstall them

The most annoying part is that I can't uninstall them.

Whenever I click to uninstall them, I get the notification that the app doesn't run on this PC.

Ok, a little bit of intelligent behavior helps a LOT.
    Please note that there is "slight" difference between "install" and "UNinstall".

So, how do I disable (just temporary) the Windows 10 annoying message and remove the incompatible applications?

Thank you !

:)

virun, Mar 27, 2019

2. Weather App not working windows 8.1

Yea, just uninstall the app and then reinstall should resolve the issue. Check this out.

EDIT: The version you have is incompatible

Mindweaver, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Uninstalling an app that is incompatible with Windows 10

Hi Douglas,

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these troubleshooting steps:

The steps given above will finish and update your computer properly and delete the incompatible programs. It also help you to fix some corruption in your operating system.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot UNinstall an incompatible app in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Cannot UNinstall incompatible

2. I cannot find and uninstall an incompatible driver in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find and uninstall an incompatible driver in windows 11: In order to resolve problems with incompatible drivers of huawei i tried and succeed to delete most of them.There is one named filter driver64, version 1.0.9.0, ew_usbccgpfilter.sys that i could not find in device manager in apps or in the drivers depository....
  3. I cannot find and uninstall an incompatible driver in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot find and uninstall an incompatible driver in windows 11: In order to resolve problems with incompatible drivers of huawei i tried and succeed to delete most of them.There is one named filter driver64, version 1.0.9.0, ew_usbccgpfilter.sys that i could not find in device manager in apps or in the drivers depository....
  4. how to uninstall incompatible drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to uninstall incompatible drivers?: Hi all, I'm having issues enabling my core isolation in windows 11. I followed the directions Sumit posted below, but when I go to use the pnputil code with both the published name & original file name, the elevated command center tells me it cannot find the file specified....
  5. how to uninstall incompatible drivers?

how to uninstall incompatible drivers?: Hi all, I'm having issues enabling my core isolation in windows 11. I followed the directions Sumit posted below, but when I go to use the pnputil code with both the published name & original file name, the elevated command center tells me it cannot find the file specified....
  6. Cannot uninstall apps

Cannot uninstall apps: I am trying to uninstall programs on my laptop, and get the error code 0x80073cf1. I am using the add or remove programs.There are also programs I cannot uninstall as they can’t be found, but still take up 400mb each. Someone please help my laptop is so slow, it is old but I...
  7. Cannot uninstall apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall apps: I am trying to uninstall programs on my laptop, and get the error code 0x80073cf1. I am using the add or remove programs.There are also programs I cannot uninstall as they can’t be found, but still take up 400mb each. Someone please help my laptop is so slow, it is old but I...
  8. Cannot uninstall apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't uninstall an app incompatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't uninstall an app incompatible with windows 10: Virtualbox is not in my app list. But, windows is not updating because of that. They are suggesting me to manually uninstall it. But, as it is not in my app list, I can't uninstall it....
  10. I cannot uninstall an app.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot uninstall an app.: Hello. I am having a problem. I am trying to uninstall an app, but whenever I try to, this happens. [ATTACH] I click yes, and then... [ATTACH] Even though it's not running. I even tried Command Prompt, but it didn't work either. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update or uninstall incompatible app

2. remove incompatible app

3. uninstall incompatible program windows 10

4. update or uninstall an incompatible app,
  5. incompatible apps window 10