Windows 10: cannot uninstall (Error: 0x80071779)

Discus and support cannot uninstall (Error: 0x80071779) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just updated my PC to the latest build can't uninstall the Client for Microsoft Networks or other network components. You receive the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jofii2009, Jul 21, 2018.

1. jofii2009 Win User

cannot uninstall (Error: 0x80071779)

I have just updated my PC to the latest build
    can't uninstall the Client for Microsoft Networks or other network components. You receive the following error message:

Could not uninstall the Client for Microsoft Networks feature.

The error is 0x80071779.

i read can use PowerShell cmdlet to remove all but when i do i get same the screenshot and cant uninstall the Client

hope to get help thanks

cannot uninstall (Error: 0x80071779) 7336242c-156e-40af-8149-e2ae61c536ad?upload=true.png

:)

jofii2009, Jul 21, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused cannot uninstall (Error: 0x80071779) :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 21, 2018
  3. can't uninstall KB3132372

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per description, you are getting error while uninstalling KB3132372.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better:

• What is error message / error code you are getting
      uninstalling KB3132372?
    • What happens when you try to uninstall KB3132372?
    I would suggest you to uninstall the update from Programs & Features and check.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ X key
    • Select Programs & Features
    • Click on View Installed Updates
    • Select the update > Click Uninstall

Please update us with the required information. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 21, 2018
  4. cannot uninstall (Error: 0x80071779)

Win 10 - Uninstall/Print Problems

Hi,

I appreciate for trying the steps to uninstall the printer.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Is the printer connected through wired or wireless?

• When you say “uninstall/remove device from system part just hangs with a green bar that continues blissfully” what exact error message/error code do you receive?

• Are you the admin of the computer?
    Let’s follow the steps below to uninstall the printer.

As an initial steps, I suggest you to try uninstalling the printer application through Programs and Features and check if it helps.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features in the list of results.

• In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

• Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Reference: HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

cannot uninstall (Error: 0x80071779)

1. cannot uninstall (Error: 0x80071779) - Similar Threads - cannot uninstall Error

2. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall Office: I attempted to uninstall Office 2016. I went to the uninstall panel, selected the correct program and clicked on uninstall but nothing happened. After a couple more tries with no luck I went to Program Files & Program x86 and deleted everything thinking that would do it....
  3. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  4. Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find..."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find...": I was mid-update on my Zoom application and the update crashed. Now I'm unable to open Zoom error says "the item 'Zoom.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed, moved.... and I also am unable to uninstall it and start over. When I try to uninstall, I get the error...
  5. Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find...": I was mid-update on my Zoom application and the update crashed. Now I'm unable to open Zoom error says "the item 'Zoom.exe' that this shortcut refers to has been changed, moved.... and I also am unable to uninstall it and start over. When I try to uninstall, I get the error...
  6. Uninstall Error "Windows cannot find..."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  8. Cannot uninstall folder because of error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot uninstall folder because of error 0x80004005: Hello,I reset my pc earlier today and am cleaning up files.I stumbled upon the folder of Halo Masterchief Collection "HaloMCC". I got it from my Gamepass Subscription. I can't uninstall the game on Windows Game Store, however. So I tried deleting the folder, but got the error...
  9. Cannot uninstall KB4593175

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot uninstall KB4593175: Hello, after last december updates Win10.0.19042.685 was found in this days few applications are not work. For check who occur this issue - we want to uninstall last win10 updates step by step to see which one occur the issue. Two were uninstalled succesfully after...
  10. Cannot uninstall windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot uninstall windows.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I have been having problems uninstalling/reinstalling programs getting MSI Error 1606, so I decided to try and reinstall windows. I went to the reset windows tab in windows settings and the procedure was going well until it started reinstalling....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80071779

2. failed. error code: 0x80071779.

3. error 0x80071779

4. errore 0x80071779,
  5. could not uninstall the file and printer sharing for microsoft networks feature. the error is 0x80071779.,
  6. cant uninstall vms_pp,
  7. Error code: 0x80071779,
  8. Error 0x80071779 when removing network components in Windows 10,
  9. 0x80071779 vms_pp,
  10. windows 10 could not uninstall 0x80071779,
  11. could not uninstall 0x80071779,
  12. uninstall vms_pp error code 0x80071779,
  13. the error is 0x80071779