Windows 10: Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

Discus and support Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LarryBruno385, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed the folders that had the games, but the system still detects them, I can't uninstall or install them again, which is extremely frustrating, still showing as installed and showing up in searches, trying to uninstall does nothing or it shows error 0x80073cfa and in Microsoft Store I can't install them again because it says th

:)

LarryBruno385, Nov 24, 2021
  2. WiIfred P Win User

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Microsoft Store Games

Hi Nhan,

For us to make sure that the failed download will be remove from your device, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Uninstall the game on your device.

Click this link for the steps.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Check this link for the app troubleshooter.

Step 3: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Step 4: Reinstall the game again.

To make sure that all changes made will take effect. Here's the link on how.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

1. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store. - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall games

2. Cannot Clear storage after uninstalling games from the xbox game store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Clear storage after uninstalling games from the xbox game store: Wow, I have done alot of research on this and I cannot believe how few answers are out there. None of those work either. I cannot believe that I cannot find or access the folder to delete these packages. This has been on going for years where is the fix for this?!?! HUGE...
  3. Cannot Clear storage after uninstalling games from the xbox game store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Clear storage after uninstalling games from the xbox game store: Wow, I have done alot of research on this and I cannot believe how few answers are out there. None of those work either. I cannot believe that I cannot find or access the folder to delete these packages. This has been on going for years where is the fix for this?!?! HUGE...
  4. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  5. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  6. Cannot download a game from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download a game from Microsoft Store.: Hello. I'm wanting to install a game from the Microsoft Store, so I go to the game, click install, select my HDD D: and click install. Nothing happens. If I click off of the Store, it reverts back to the C: SSD option. I also tried installing the same game but from the new...
  7. UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT: IS THERE A WAY TO UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT THAT ARE NO LONGER USED? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-games-from-microsoft/df778919-8f14-4fcc-969e-e3afbdf9c66e
  8. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store: Hello Microsoft Community, I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for help. I've recently picked up the Xbox Game Pass via the promotion: $1 for 3 months and was very excited to play Sea of Thieves...
  9. Cannot download game from Microsoft Store

Cannot download game from Microsoft Store: I'm trying to buy a game from the Microsoft Store but every time I try and download it gives me this error, "Give this code to an adult. You're not quite old enough for this. PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily aG8bHsNJeESBMfzF.76.1.11.8". I entered my DOB wrong the...
  10. How to uninstall game from Store

How to uninstall game from Store: I can't delete Forza Horrizon 4 need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-game-from-store/685fde4e-10f1-4f36-8d2e-2135c4f41089"