Windows 10: Cannot uninstall malfunctioning WIFI device after windows update

Discus and support Cannot uninstall malfunctioning WIFI device after windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm working on windows 1903 on an older HP System Model NY536AA-ABA 300-1020 all-in-one: the internal WIFI was connecting OK until update in April, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cognus, May 29, 2020.

1. cognus Win User

Cannot uninstall malfunctioning WIFI device after windows update

I'm working on windows 1903 on an older HP System Model NY536AA-ABA 300-1020 all-in-one: the internal WIFI was connecting OK until update in April, now it displayed first "connected; no internet", but now it shows a bang! in the yellow triangle and has message "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)Object Name not found."
    The hardware ID is : PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3092&SUBSYS_001515A9&REV_00
    The driver showing is a Microsoft driver labeled generically "802.11n Wireless LAN Card".
    When I try to uninstall the device I do not get the option "and uninstall driver", afterward it will appear to uninstall [not in the Network adapter list in Dev Mgr], then come right back with the same driver. When I run the driver installer from HP, it gives an option to uninstall the old software, which I elected, and it finishes the wizard ok and says 'mission accomplished', but again, the device just reinstalls immediately, same Microsoft generic driver, and trying to manually update the driver from HP supplied files also fails with "The best driver is installed".

How do I nuke all the Microsoft supplied drivers for it, install the right driver, and prevent Windows from creating this loop again?

thx

:)

cognus, May 29, 2020

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile Cannot uninstall malfunctioning WIFI device after windows update :)

zarathustra2012, May 29, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Can not find WIFI device after W10 Creator update

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to corrupted drivers. Since you already performed some troubleshooting steps, and the drivers are not even listed in device manager, we suggest that you follow these steps to make the missing drivers visible again:

• Right click the Windows icon and select Device Manager.
    • Click the View Tab at the top of the Device Manager window.
    • Put a checkmark on Show hidden devices.
    • Check if it made your drivers visible. Try to uninstall and reinstall your drivers afterwards.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, May 29, 2020
  4. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

Cannot uninstall malfunctioning WIFI device after windows update sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot uninstall malfunctioning WIFI device after windows update - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall malfunctioning

2. Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update: I have a HP Omen gaming laptop. After the last Windows update Windows 11, version 22H2, my Function keys started doing some weird things - opening programs that were not asked for instead of doing simple things like turning the volume up and down. I checked for any keyboard...
  3. Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard malfunction after Windows Update: I have a HP Omen gaming laptop. After the last Windows update Windows 11, version 22H2, my Function keys started doing some weird things - opening programs that were not asked for instead of doing simple things like turning the volume up and down. I checked for any keyboard...
  4. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  5. Cannot connect to wifi after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to wifi after an update: I had an auto update to windows 11 which caused my scanner drivers to crash. I spoke with tech who reverted rhe update now I cannot even get online and rhey have to escalate the issue. I'm now 2 days In a row unable to work and this is costing me money....
  6. Devices malfunctioning after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Devices malfunctioning after update: after the may 11 2021 update, the windows malicious software removal tool x64 -v5.89 -KB890830, my touchpad freezes on its own, my keyboard is difficult to usefor example, instead of holding down shift and pressing 1 to get ! , i now need to hold down shift hold down 1 and...
  7. PC malfunction after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC malfunction after update: Just a few days ago when I updated my Windows a minor update after the 20H2 update my pc stopped functioning properly, some of my apps wouldn't open and when I tried reinstalling, the installer wouldn't run or after opening it would show loading or it just wouldn't respond,...
  8. DNS malfunction after connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS malfunction after connecting to wifi: Everytime I connect to a wifi, it takes forever for DNS to start working (like up to 30 minutes...). I can ping ip addresses. But cannot go to websites (dns). "ipconfig /flushdns" does not help. It also takes quite long for that command to finish (like 2 minutes). What can...
  9. Cannot uninstall bluetooth device after connection issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot uninstall bluetooth device after connection issue: I have been using my logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard for a year without any problems. It stopped connecting a few weeks ago, although it is still saying 'paired' in the sound settings. There is nothing wrong with the keyboard and so I have been attempting to disconnect the...
  10. Windows 10 malfunction after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 malfunction after update: Hi, I am having a lot of issues with the new windows10 updates. After the last update my windows is malfunctioning. the taskbar doesn't work. ony media player, file explorer and ms Edge and chrome are working. I can carry out the basic functions but by large it is not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3092&SUBSYS_001515A9&REV_00