Windows 10: Cannot uninstall Minecraft

Discus and support Cannot uninstall Minecraft in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I previously downloaded Minecraft onto an external hard drive connected to my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. I accidently deleted Minecraft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SilasChan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. SilasChan Win User

Cannot uninstall Minecraft

I previously downloaded Minecraft onto an external hard drive connected to my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10. I accidently deleted Minecraft from my hard disk but did not uninstall it from Control Panel. As a result, Minecraft is still in the Control Panel list of applications. When I try to uninstall or repair it, it says that 'Minecraft' is not a valid short file name and I cannot uninstall it. I have tried downloading MinecraftInstaller.msi and repairing it, but it doesn't work. I think the problem has something to do with file addresses but I'm not sure.

If anyone could help me ASAP that would be great.

:)

SilasChan, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Oct 9, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cannot uninstall Minecraft :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Cannot uninstall Minecraft

Unable to open Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you using Minecraft app downloaded from Store or Minecraft program?
    • Do you receive any error?
    I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Minecraft and check if that fixes the issue.

Also try to download and install the display and chipset drivers from the manufacturer website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Cannot uninstall Minecraft

1. Cannot uninstall Minecraft - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall Minecraft

2. Cannot uninstall Office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall Office: I attempted to uninstall Office 2016. I went to the uninstall panel, selected the correct program and clicked on uninstall but nothing happened. After a couple more tries with no luck I went to Program Files & Program x86 and deleted everything thinking that would do it....
  3. I cannot uninstall Minecraft for windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot uninstall Minecraft for windows.: Minecraft is still in the start menu but the app isn't shown in the control panel or apps and features. None of the Minecraft apps work, they act the same way....
  4. I cannot uninstall Minecraft for windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot uninstall Minecraft for windows.: Minecraft is still in the start menu but the app isn't shown in the control panel or apps and features. None of the Minecraft apps work, they act the same way....
  5. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  6. Cannot uninstall KB4593175

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot uninstall KB4593175: Hello, after last december updates Win10.0.19042.685 was found in this days few applications are not work. For check who occur this issue - we want to uninstall last win10 updates step by step to see which one occur the issue. Two were uninstalled succesfully after...
  7. Cannot uninstall windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot uninstall windows.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I have been having problems uninstalling/reinstalling programs getting MSI Error 1606, so I decided to try and reinstall windows. I went to the reset windows tab in windows settings and the procedure was going well until it started reinstalling....
  8. Uninstalling Minecraft RTX beta

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Uninstalling Minecraft RTX beta: I installed the RTX beta before realizing that I do not have the minimum recommended specs to play it. I then opted out of the beta test through the insider hub, and uninstalled the game. When I reinstalled the game it was still the RTX beta version, and it still has the...
  9. Uninstalled Minecraft For Windows 10 Edition and now I cannot reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Minecraft For Windows 10 Edition and now I cannot reinstall: Minecraft wasn't updating to the most current version so I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would fix it but now when I try to reinstall it on the Microsoft Store it fails and I get a message that says, " Minecraft For Windows 10 does not work on this device". I got...
  10. Minecraft Windows 10 Was Uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Was Uninstalled: So I bought the java edition of minecraft, and was given a code to download the windows 10 version. Lately, it hasn't been working right, so I uninstalled it. Sadly, I didn't use the code in the Windows store- I got it straight from the Mojang website. Whenever I try to put...