Windows 10: Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

Discus and support Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been trying to get Halo Infinite Gamepass not Steam to launch without crashing in the menus and I came across a forum that said to reset it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IsaacClark1, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

I've been trying to get Halo Infinite Gamepass not Steam to launch without crashing in the menus and I came across a forum that said to reset it in the apps section of Windows Settings. It then said to hit the install button and it would reinstall quickly because everything was already downloaded. It is giving me an error code 0x80070424 and I am unable to download it or uninstall it. Halo isn't listed in any application lists and while I was able to find it in file explorer, SYSTEM will not allow me to delete it and I cannot take ownership of the folder. Any help would be greatly appreciate

:)

IsaacClark1, Dec 21, 2021

2. Metro Apps Reinstalled Even After I Manually Uninstalled Them

Hi,

Thank you for updating on the status. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check if the applications/games are completely uninstalled by following the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
    • Under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program.
    • Check if the applications/games are displaying.
    • If they are displaying, select the item and click on Uninstall.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Apps getting reinstalled automatically after uninstalling

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after uninstalling few applications, they get installed again. However, we will need the following information from you:

• Are you able to uninstall the applications successfully?
    • Does this issue occur only with these particular applications?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

Ideally, if you uninstall an application, it wouldn’t install again without users permission. It could be that the apps are showing as recommended applications. However, once you uninstall the applications, you can go ahead and check the installed
    apps on the computer and see if the applications show up in installed apps. Follow the steps to check the same:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down and check if the applications are installed.

You may also, refer the steps mentioned below to avoid installation of apps:

1. Press Windwos key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Start on the left pane and toggle the switch for
      Show suggestions occasionally in Start to turn it off.
    4. Now, open Microsoft Store.
    5. Click on Ellipsis (…) and click on
      Settings.
    6. Toggle the switch for Update apps automatically to turn it off.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 21, 2021
  4. Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

No sir , do all 4 steps then reboot, then reinstall!

sneekypeet, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

1. Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall reinstall

2. Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot uninstall or reinstall application after resetting in settings: I've been trying to get Halo Infinite Gamepass not Steam to launch without crashing in the menus and I came across a forum that said to reset it in the apps section of Windows Settings. It then said to hit the install button and it would reinstall quickly because everything...
  3. Windows 10 - missing settings, performed a reset, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, what...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - missing settings, performed a reset, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, what...: [IMG]I am missing settings options for my trackpad. The buttons/clicks are no longer working, only a tap. All hardware scans are coming back normal. so is the sfc /scannow and dism.exe. I have the hp x360 2-in-1 laptop with the most updated windows 10. I have tried...
  4. Cannot reinstall after reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reinstall after reset: I reset my pc but when i try to go through windows setup after booting from a usb drive it lets me get to the drive selection screen but then gives me a bunch of errors. One of the errors was 0x80300024 i googled this and it said to restart the process with all drives...
  5. Unable to remove an application in Settings>Uninstall Application

Unable to remove an application in Settings>Uninstall Application: I'm trying to remove uTorrent in the list of my installed Applications. As far as i recall i think it was deleted directly in the folder where it was located at the time. Now i'm getting the error below.[ATTACH] Cheers!...
  6. Laptop / notebook cannot reinstall Windows after the reset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop / notebook cannot reinstall Windows after the reset?: Hello, I reset my laptop ( Toshiba Satellite C70D-B-10X ) today. But now I always get the error message that the Windows installation could not be completed and I have to restart the laptop. I did this 5 times already and every time I got the error message again. Does...
  7. Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it: I uninstalled netflix and now when I go into the windows store, it shows that I "own" the app, and wont let me reinstall it, showing an error every time I try to do it. Please help. Tried everything that was posted here as solutions, but didnt work...
  8. Uninstalled Bluetooth driver and cannot reinstall.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled Bluetooth driver and cannot reinstall.: Hey all, Windows version: 1903 (Build 18362.418) So today I made a mistake and uninstalled, not disabled, my bluetooth driver from Device manager. No matter what I try, the driver will not come back. I have tried "showing hidden items" in device manager, downloading the...
  9. Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...

Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling...: Hello, Application will not start even after cleaning and uninstalling and reinstalling application (HP 8600 Network Pro Printer and scanner.) What is strange is using the tools and diagnostics from HP allows the Printer to scan and print but when I try to click on the...
  10. Cannot set default applications

Cannot set default applications: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1803 and am fully up to date on Windows Updates (barring the October update, of course, which is not available at the moment). I cannot set default applications for "Choose default applications by file type", or "Choose default applications by...