Windows 10: Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game) "The specified account already exists"

Discus and support Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game) "The specified account already exists" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; recently my c drive was almost full but than i move the program folder of epic games to d drive but then i couldnt open the fortnite game so i tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JastonLopes, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game) "The specified account already exists"

recently my c drive was almost full but than i move the program folder of epic games to d drive but then i couldnt open the fortnite game so i tried to uninstall the game but a message poped up"The specified account already exists" so than i tried to install the game over the installed version but again the message popped up "The specified account already exists". So i want to uninstall the game please help me.

Thanks

:)

JastonLopes, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

uninstall/reinstall

Hi Patricia,

There are several reasons why your game can't be uninstall. It's either the programs are not properly installed, or there are missing and corrupted files on your operating system. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your
    concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the name of the game that you want to uninstall then reinstall?
    • How did you install this game?
    We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game)  "The specified account already exists" :(

Zakin, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game) "The specified account already exists"

Fortnite

Click Start > scroll through the program list

Find Fortnite

Right click it then click uninstall

Andre for Directly, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game) "The specified account already exists"

1. Cannot uninstall or reinstall Fortnite(Game) "The specified account already exists" - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall reinstall

2. "The specified account already exists" issues, cant install/uninstall program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The specified account already exists" issues, cant install/uninstall program: I've once installed Epic Games on my PC Windows 11, Acer Nitro 515-52, then i uninstalled it and now i am trying to install it again.The problem is that every time i try to install Epic Games i get the "The specified account already exists" error, i have tried to fix it in a...
  3. "The specified account already exists" issues, cant install/uninstall program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The specified account already exists" issues, cant install/uninstall program: I've once installed Epic Games on my PC Windows 11, Acer Nitro 515-52, then i uninstalled it and now i am trying to install it again.The problem is that every time i try to install Epic Games i get the "The specified account already exists" error, i have tried to fix it in a...
  4. Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.: What causes this error and how do I install a third party program if I keep getting this error? Garmin says it's a Windows issue.*Moved from feedback....
  5. Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.

Getting "The specified account already exists" error message.: What causes this error and how do I install a third party program if I keep getting this error? Garmin says it's a Windows issue.*Moved from feedback....
  6. Help with error this specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with error this specified account already exists: Hey,So I'm trying to download the epic game store again and I keep getting the error this specified account already exists now I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods except the Microsoft Installer uninstaller and its asking me for a Product code which I don't know...
  7. Help with error this specified account already exists

Help with error this specified account already exists: Hey,So I'm trying to download the epic game store again and I keep getting the error this specified account already exists now I have tried most of the troubleshooting methods except the Microsoft Installer uninstaller and its asking me for a Product code which I don't know...
  8. Uninstalling Ableton Live 10 or 11 fails with Specified Account already exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling Ableton Live 10 or 11 fails with Specified Account already exists: I'm trying to update Ableton Live from 11.0 to 11.2. During the install process the installer tries to uninstall 11.0, but bombs out.I then tried to manually uninstall Live 10 and that failed with the account already exists error. The logs show nothing aside from the...
  9. Uninstalling Ableton Live 10 or 11 fails with Specified Account already exists

Uninstalling Ableton Live 10 or 11 fails with Specified Account already exists: I'm trying to update Ableton Live from 11.0 to 11.2. During the install process the installer tries to uninstall 11.0, but bombs out.I then tried to manually uninstall Live 10 and that failed with the account already exists error. The logs show nothing aside from the...
  10. the specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the specified account already exists: Receiving the subjected error while installing any new application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-account-already-exists/0ec62d29-1ebb-49bc-b9f7-6e85deace4ba

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the specified account already exists fortnite

2. specified account already exists epic games

3. the specified account already exists unistall program

4. uninstall fortnite windows 10,
  5. fortnite epic game launch error the accout already exists,
  6. epic games repair account already exists,
  7. epic games specified user account exists,
  8. epic games uninstall the specified account already exists,
  9. the specified account already exists epic games,
  10. cant open fortnite & cant update,
  11. uninstalling fortnite and reinstalling,