Windows 10: cannot uninstall printer

Discus and support cannot uninstall printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Epson and it is saying the printer is in error. I contacted Epson and they tried to uninstall my printer but windows is not letting that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandraKindelan, May 6, 2019.

1. cannot uninstall printer

I have an Epson and it is saying the printer is in error. I contacted Epson and they tried to uninstall my printer but windows is not letting that happen so they said to contact microsoft. Any help please

:)

SandraKindelan, May 6, 2019

2. Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, May 6, 2019
  3. Win 10 - Uninstall/Print Problems

Hi,

I appreciate for trying the steps to uninstall the printer.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Is the printer connected through wired or wireless?

• When you say “uninstall/remove device from system part just hangs with a green bar that continues blissfully” what exact error message/error code do you receive?

• Are you the admin of the computer?
    Let’s follow the steps below to uninstall the printer.

As an initial steps, I suggest you to try uninstalling the printer application through Programs and Features and check if it helps.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Search Windows for programs and features, then click Programs and Features in the list of results.

• In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, then click Uninstall or Yes.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

• Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Reference: HP Printers - Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows) | HP® Customer Support

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 6, 2019
  4. cannot uninstall printer

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, May 6, 2019
Thema:

cannot uninstall printer

1. cannot uninstall printer - Similar Threads - cannot uninstall printer

2. Uninstalled Printer Still Showing in Printers & Scanners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled Printer Still Showing in Printers & Scanners: I have removed a printer but it is still showing in Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners as iP8700 series _D29A5A000000. Beneath the printer it says Driver is unavailable, grayed out so I can't click on it to remove it from there. When I physically removed the...
  3. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  4. Uninstalling a printer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalling a printer.: I replaced my Epson XP-4100 with an HP printer but when I go into Control Panel, uninstall a Program and CL on uninstall, it won't do so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-a-printer/e3471560-ea18-40c0-9cf1-11ed26c59793
  5. Cannot uninstall Dell V515w printer from my computer

Cannot uninstall Dell V515w printer from my computer: I am having a problem with my printer (Dell V515w) so after having tried many things, I decided to uninstall the printer from my computer. I disconnected it from the power source & computer & then went to the control panel clicked on to the printer and clicked uninstall. I...
  6. Cannot uninstall Dell V515w printer from my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot uninstall Dell V515w printer from my computer: I am having a problem with my printer (Dell V515w) so after having tried many things, I decided to uninstall the printer from my computer. I disconnected it from the power source & computer & then went to the control panel clicked on to the printer and clicked uninstall. I...
  7. printer uninstall

printer uninstall: I am trying to uninstall a printer from my laptop and it is froze up saying removing device for over an hour now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-uninstall/09c980b0-664e-43ca-a6d8-c5d74e040a4c
  8. cannot uninstall: file and printer sharing for microsoft windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot uninstall: file and printer sharing for microsoft windows: Hello, cannot uninstall file and printer sharing for microsoft windows under nic the error:0x80071779 It have it disabled, but still i would like to remove it, i have another reasons for it. Thank you very much! 116995
  9. cannot uninstall Epson Printer

cannot uninstall Epson Printer: Following upgrade to 10 I need to uninstall Epson Printer and reinstall. have initiated uninstall but it will not complete the process. Anyone any ideas how to achieve this please? 19058
  10. updates uninstall printer

updates uninstall printer: When updating to creators 1703 and 1709 both times it in-installed my printer. I had to reinstall the printer both times. The printer is a HP office jet 4500. How can I prevent this from happening in the future. Note even though I deleted the four MS printers that it seems...