Windows 10: Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied

Discus and support Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this but here goes... In a test environment, I installed and configured a Samba4 domain controller.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlvinGounder, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this but here goes...
    In a test environment, I installed and configured a Samba4 domain controller.
    Then I joined a Windows 10 workstation and a Windows 10 Laptop to that domain.

Now I am finding a strange issue with any action that requires administrator privileges even when logged in as a domain admin.
    For example:

- Trying to uninstall an application using the Windows 10 UI (Start -> Settings -> Apps), fails with a permission denied message.
    - Uninstalling the same application using the legacy Windows UI (Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features) works without any issues.

The same issue is happening for printer installs etc.

Any ideas/suggestions?

:)

AlvinGounder, Mar 21, 2019

2. Permission denied

Hey,

I recently downloaded a program, the basic miktek installer on my laptop but every time I try to run the program I keep getting error messages that say, "Permission denied" and list the path for said program within my computer.

Please let me know how to fix the issue. Thank you

NonduEmeana, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Permission denied

Hi,

The permission denied error normally appears if you are not using the admin account to run a specific program. To help us identify the appropriate solution to your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you running the program as administrator when the error appeared?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Can you please show us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied

1. Cannot uninstall programs from the new UI - says permissions are denied - Similar Threads - Cannot uninstall programs

2. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  3. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  4. Cannot uninstall a program

Cannot uninstall a program: Hi,I have Windows 11. I downloaded and installed a program and I want to uninstall it now.I can launch and run the program just perfectly.But I cannot uninstall it.I tried 3 different ways.1. The programs own uninstaller. When I doubleclick it, I get a message This app can't...
  5. Cannot open folder, permission denied

Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  6. Cannot open folder, permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  7. Cannot uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  8. Cannot uninstall programs

Cannot uninstall programs: Under programs in Control Panel, I am not able to uninstall any programs. It will not uninstall, and when I go back to uninstall other programs it says it cannot perform the function because it is busy uninstalling a program. How can I correct this?...
  9. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  10. cannot uninstall program

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot uninstall program: This Segurazo can not uninstall from windows 10, even not in apps & features, show in program area. How to remove / uninstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-uninstall-program/52122203-e2ea-407f-9147-e308e66427d6