Windows 10: Cannot unlink onedrive! auto login on reboot

Discus and support Cannot unlink onedrive! auto login on reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have always been a windows person but I have never been as unhappy with windows as I have been lately.This is my latest issue. I am going to give my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aswp, Jun 5, 2021.

1. aswp Win User

Cannot unlink onedrive! auto login on reboot

I have always been a windows person but I have never been as unhappy with windows as I have been lately.This is my latest issue. I am going to give my laptop to my son but my onedrive will not unlink! It unlinks normally but on reboot it logs in and syncs all my folders. I did a onedrive reset after unlinking as per the following but it stills logs in after a reboot! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/reset-onedrive-34701e00-bf7b-42db-b960-84905399050c?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=usWhat kind of software does not follow logout/signout instructions, this is a severe security risk! I am

:)

aswp, Jun 5, 2021

2. Unlink Pictures Folder from OneDrive

Hello there,

I am attempting to unlink the Pictures folder in Windows 10 from OneDrive. I have far too many pictures currently and don't want to have them eat up up space. I believe I was able to do it before I reformatted my computer, but it no longer lets me bypass it. I get a message saying Can't stop syncing folder.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Cannot unlink onedrive! auto login on reboot [​IMG]

LuLuLaMour, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Cannot unlink onedrive! auto login on reboot

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Cannot unlink onedrive! auto login on reboot

1. Cannot unlink onedrive! auto login on reboot - Similar Threads - Cannot unlink onedrive

2. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  3. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  4. Unlinking files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlinking files from OneDrive: A week ago I installed sims 4 on my pc. Onedrive automatically, which is annoying in itself, decided to link the sims files. I only have 5 GB in total on my personal onedrive, so you can imagine what kind of problem the sims gaming files will create..So, I did the steps I...
  5. CANNOT unlink a device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CANNOT unlink a device: I previously synced OneDrive with a work computer. I removed the device from my Microsoft account but didn't realize I had to unkin from the computer itself as well until I was just saving just work folders in that computer. I saw some stuff I worked elsewhere had synced and...
  6. OneDrive Unlink

OneDrive Unlink: Hi. My pc storage is full and I was thinking of unlinking my two OneDrive accounts but I am worried that the files I have on them will be permanently removed. What should I do? I don't mind having to access them online if that's the case....
  7. Onedrive won't unlink

Onedrive won't unlink: I am trying to unlink my onedrive account after accidently activating one drive setting up windows 10. I have turned off auto back up and it seems to unlink through the instructions given here...
  8. Unlink PC from OneDrive

Unlink PC from OneDrive: All my folders including my desktop are linked to OneDrive. My local PC User folder (Local Disk (C)>Users>user folder) does not have a desktop folder. If I unlink OneDrive, will a desktop folder be created?...
  9. Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login with microsoft passport for onedrive: Good day everybody. Is it necessary to logon using my Microsoft passport to get onedrive worked ?. 1- if not what shall I do to have onedrive worked and sync ?. 2- if yes how to set pc to sign in automatically ?. Thanks 31243
  10. Cannot login to onedrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot login to onedrive: I cannot login to onedrive. I get error that I am syncing with different account - Please provide password for "". Please help. EDIT: Thanks for the help guys. I was able to fix my problem by doing this: Got same today after changing password. Onedrive folder...