Windows 10: Cannot unset read-only

Discus and support Cannot unset read-only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am attempting to copy a custom portrait to inside my Baldur's Gate folder. It is not showing up. One of the puzzling things is that when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beroli73, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Beroli73 Win User

Cannot unset read-only

I am attempting to copy a custom portrait to inside my Baldur's Gate folder. It is not showing up. One of the puzzling things is that when I try to copy it again, I'm asked if I wish to overwrite the existing file--as if the copy worked the first time. However, the game Baldur's Gate that should be affected by it is not, and when I go into the file I don't see it.

Also, every time I look at the properties of the Black Isle folder or the Baldur's Gate folder inside it, "read-only" is checked. I uncheck it, I click Apply, I'm asked if I really want to unset read-only, I say yes...and nothing actually changes.

This is with Windows 10, 64-bit. I didn't have any trouble adding the same custom portrait folder to Baldur's Gate in previous versions of Windows.

:)

Beroli73, Feb 25, 2021

2. Win 10 Folder/file Read Only attribute is not able to be unset

Why am I not able to unset this attribute in the properties section of the file?

MichaelHelms1, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Feb 25, 2021
  4. annie Win User

Cannot unset read-only

How do I change (Read Only) on Microsoft Word

When I downloaded Windows 10 and used my Microsoft Word it was in (Read Only) and I tried looking up how to solve the problem including looking at properties on my document to uncheck read only, but it was already unchecked. I have tried all the steps suggested.

annie, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Cannot unset read-only

1. Cannot unset read-only - Similar Threads - Cannot unset read

2. unset read only files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unset read only files: All of a sudden my synced files from google drive are read only on my computer. How do I reset these so they are NOT read only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unset-read-only-files/f01bdd20-d4c5-43aa-8ada-1cec4e8a0be4
  3. unset read only files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unset read only files: All of a sudden my synced files from google drive are read only on my computer. How do I reset these so they are NOT read only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unset-read-only-files/f01bdd20-d4c5-43aa-8ada-1cec4e8a0be4
  4. Folders inside my Documents and Settings folder have been set to Read Only. I cannot unset...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders inside my Documents and Settings folder have been set to Read Only. I cannot unset...: My Documents folder suddenly got set to Read Only which has caused many problems. Every attempt to un-set the RO attribute had failed. I later found all the folders in Documents and Settings had also been set to RO. I have tried to reset these via the Properties window and...
  5. Folders inside my Documents and Settings folder have been set to Read Only. I cannot unset...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders inside my Documents and Settings folder have been set to Read Only. I cannot unset...: My Documents folder suddenly got set to Read Only which has caused many problems. Every attempt to un-set the RO attribute had failed. I later found all the folders in Documents and Settings had also been set to RO. I have tried to reset these via the Properties window and...
  6. Folders inside my Documents and Settings folder have been set to Read Only. I cannot unset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. All Folders Read Only - Cannot Be Changed

All Folders Read Only - Cannot Be Changed: Hello everyone. As the title states, all of my folders throughout windows 10 have set themselves to read only and I am unable to change this back no matter what I try. This is the first time I have wanted to edit something a set of photo's since before Christmas and now I...
  8. I cannot uncheck read-only in a folder.

I cannot uncheck read-only in a folder.: Hello, I need to uncheck the read-only attribute of a specific folder. At the first glance, it works when I hit apply. The problem is, when I close the properties and check it again, the read-only attribute is checked again. It keeps reverting. I have already done lots of...
  9. Cannot change "Read Only" folder attribute.

Cannot change "Read Only" folder attribute.: I need to know how to fix the issue. The issue is "How do you change the folder's attributes so that it will no longer be "Read Only". I've gone into my PowerShell (Admin) and did the whole "attrib -r +s <drive>:\<folder>" thing -- it didn't work. I need some options....
  10. Set or Unset Read-only Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set or Unset Read-only Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set or Unset Read-only Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10 How to Set or Unset Read-only Attribute of Files and Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can set or unset the read-only attribute for files and folders to give files write...