Windows 10: Cannot unzip compressed folders from DropBox

Discus and support Cannot unzip compressed folders from DropBox in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a problem with DropBox because I cannot unzip folders which I downloaded from this cloud service. The error is "The Compressed (zip) Folder ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allison Franza, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Cannot unzip compressed folders from DropBox

I have a problem with DropBox because I cannot unzip folders which I downloaded from this cloud service. The error is "The Compressed (zip) Folder ... is invalid." I addressed a person who placed this file on DropBox. He said that everything ok and he can open the folder. I think the issue in on my side, with the system.

:)

Allison Franza, Dec 16, 2018

2. Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’

I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will. However, the second ZIP folder I downloaded from my DropBox account could neither be unzipped nor could any
    files be viewed within the folder. The error I receive when attempting to unzip the folder is "The Compressed (zip) Folder ... is invalid." I have 824 GB of free space on my (CCannot unzip compressed folders from DropBox :) drive and the folder in question is supposedly 285,936 KB, which is surprising
    due to the lack of images able to be seen. I asked the creator of the DropBox folder itself and they stated that they could download and view the contents of the folder without any issue, so it must be an error on my end. I do not have Storage Sense active
    and despite my best efforts could not enable Controlled Folder Access for DropBox, which were the only options I saw that could have any effect.

***Modified title from: Compressed ZIP Folder not showing image files within, error when attempting to unzip.***

Grendallmayo, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Which tool are you using to unzip the files?
    • Did you try to unzip the files on a different computer?
    • Does this happen only with a particular zip file?
    • Have you tested with zip files (or other files) of smaller sizes?

There are several reasons which can cause this issue, here are a few of them.

• If the compressed files are infected.
    • The slow download rate and poor internet connection can corrupt the download.
    • If there is a problem with the tool used to zip/unzip the files.
    • The downloaded file is originally corrupted.

Try with unzipping a different compressed file/folder (of smaller size) and see if it works.
    Re-download the folder to ensure that the folder downloaded earlier is not corrupted.

If it does not work, try with unzipping the folder on a different machine.

If the issue persists, try with a different tool to unzip the files.

Hope it helps

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Cannot unzip compressed folders from DropBox

Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted’

1) I have not attempted to use a tool to unzip the folder other than the standard "Extract All" function built into Windows.

2) I have not attempted to unzip them on another computer.

3) This only happens with this particular zip file, as far as I know.

4) I have not tested it on other size folders.

I believe it is only my computer which is making this difficult, as I can view the folder's contents on DropBox, along with 2 other zip files pertaining to posts transferred from a particular site. More specifically, one not-zip folder within this package
    contains all image files I was unsure about, which are invisible when viewed on the computer's DropBox list itself. In other words, it is just my computer, as far as I am aware.

Thank you for your assistance, Sam, and I wish you well! Cannot unzip compressed folders from DropBox :)

Grendallmayo, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Cannot unzip compressed folders from DropBox

1. Cannot unzip compressed folders from DropBox - Similar Threads - Cannot unzip compressed

2. Folder cannot be compressed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder cannot be compressed Windows 10: I get a "cannot be compressed" error because a character is included which looks like a single quote. It is a long error message which I cannot quote here. I have a screenshot of it but I cannot see a facility here for sending it. I see that this error can be caused by...
  3. Folder cannot be compressed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder cannot be compressed Windows 10: I get a "cannot be compressed" error because a character is included which looks like a single quote. It is a long error message which I cannot quote here. I have a screenshot of it but I cannot see a facility here for sending it. I see that this error can be caused by...
  4. Folder cannot be compressed Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to unzip a folder

How to unzip a folder: I have a pdf that is zip'd and I want to unzip it so I can import it into Lightroom to use but cannot seem to be able to do that. When I right click on the folder I do not get an option to "extract all". What do I need to do?...
  6. Cannot compress the folder due to the name

Cannot compress the folder due to the name: When I tried to compress the folder, [IMG] However, I set the language of system as English, only adds Chinese as an input language. [ATTACH] and the folders also display as "documents"[ATTACH] How can I fix this problem?...
  7. A question on copying files from a compressed folder to another compressed folder ..... ?

A question on copying files from a compressed folder to another compressed folder ..... ?: Compressed folders are often shown in blue for user convenience. When Windows explorer copies files and also sub-folders from one compressed folder to another compressed folder, does it decompress the file data ON-THE-FLY, and then re-compress it again towards the...
  8. Compressing large files and uploading to Dropbox questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compressing large files and uploading to Dropbox questions.: Hi, not too sure this post fits this page. I have an old laptop which uses Windows 10. I have a large 44Gb file with tones of separate different files inside it. There's some sort of file upload limit to Dropbox so I thought I'd compress my thousands of files within files...
  9. Cannot remove Dropbox from a PC

Cannot remove Dropbox from a PC: Dropbox showed up on Navigation; however, it is not active. No matter what I try it will not go away. Please tell me how to get rid of it (remove it). See screen print below. All assistance is appreciated. My email address is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...

Unable to Unzip compressed folders. Error: ‘The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or...: I recently began using DropBox to download files, and I was able to download one folder perfectly fine, able to unzip and view image files at will. However, the second ZIP folder I downloaded from my DropBox account could neither be unzipped nor could any files be viewed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dropbox zip folder invalid

2. zip folder wont download from dropbox

3. unable to unzip dropbox downloads

4. cannot unzip folder,
  5. unzip folders dropbox windows 10,
  6. unzip dropbox download,
  7. dropbox wont unzip,
  8. dropboxdropbox zip file will not open,
  9. windows cant open comressed folder from dropbox,
  10. dropbox download says invalid,
  11. downloaded zip file from dropbox will not unzip,