Windows 10: Cannot update after fresh reinstall.

Discus and support Cannot update after fresh reinstall. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While just using my pc casually it started acting up real bad, which i then realized it had corrupted boot data? I reformated the drive and did a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NoahCashin, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Cannot update after fresh reinstall.

While just using my pc casually it started acting up real bad, which i then realized it had corrupted boot data? I reformated the drive and did a fresh reinstall. Now when i try and update i get Download error - 0x80096010.

My time is correctly set.

My ISO is brand new off the microsoft website.

I used WoeUSB 3.3.1 on Arch Linux to create the USB.

The troubleshooter said it cannot identify the problem.

When i tried to use the USB troubleshooter thing, it said repairing disk issues and went on for 5-6 hours, so i just powered off and reinstalled windows, and the issue persists. Installing Ubuntu works completely fine on this hard drive.

The automatic drivers do not install, along with the security and antivirus stuff. My screen is stuck in I think 800x600 and it looks stretched, which usually happens, but fixes itself with the drivers.

Any help is appreciated!

:)

NoahCashin, Sep 19, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot update after fresh reinstall. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Mouse Pointer in Fresh Paint

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

As of now, there is no option to disappear mouse pointer and turn into a dot or circle.I suggest you to use feedback inside the fresh paint app and give feedback regarding this.

Please follow the steps below:

• Open fresh paint.
    • Click on hub(the three lines, in top left corner).
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on send feedback.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Cannot update after fresh reinstall.

windows 10 fresh paint app cannot scroll down to view them

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1: RunWindows Store Apps troubleshooter

I suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.

• Click on Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the app

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fresh paint
    app. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      Fresh paint app and click
      Uninstall

• Open the Windows Store.

• Search for Fresh paint app and click on
      Install.

• Check if issue persists.
    Fresh Paint FAQ:

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot update after fresh reinstall.

1. Cannot update after fresh reinstall. - Similar Threads - Cannot update fresh

2. Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall: I have recently reinstalled windows 10 because of performance issues. Because the first version of windows doesn't have dark theme for native apps, I decided to update. All of them worked, besides 22H2, which took 3 hours to get to 85%, when it got stuck. I've used command...
  3. Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall: I have recently reinstalled windows 10 because of performance issues. Because the first version of windows doesn't have dark theme for native apps, I decided to update. All of them worked, besides 22H2, which took 3 hours to get to 85%, when it got stuck. I've used command...
  4. Windows 10 22H2 update taking forever after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Fresh reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh reinstall of windows: I wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows 10, now this is upgraded from windows 8 that came with my laptop, now I have backed up my data and created a USB install stick. Before I actually do it, how can I save my various licenses for the softwares I have on my laptop. Is...
  6. System recovery after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System recovery after fresh reinstall: Hi, After a fresh reinstall, everything seemed to be working normally for a day, except now that I've rebooted for the day (I think I installed some feature update) I'm getting BSOD with error 0xc000021a. I'm trying to reverse the update however it's asking me for my...
  7. Windows Not Activating after Fresh Reinstall.

Windows Not Activating after Fresh Reinstall.: So I reinstalled my windows full wipe, logged into the same account now it says windows cannot Identify product linked to account. But when I go to my profile I can see details of my PC before re installation, which says I have a windows 10 Pro product but my current PC which...
  8. Unable to activate windows after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows after fresh reinstall: Hi, I upgraded my pc's boot drive to a ssd, so i installed windows to that drive from a usb and reformatted my previous boot drive hard drive. i got this error code [ATTACH]...
  9. Cannot reinstall april update after rollback

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback: a friend of mine recommended i roll back the april update i had just installed for fear of some supposed bugs, so i did since it was apparently a big thing at the time. now i'm trying to reinstall it since the buzz has gone away, but windows update says im up to date and the...
  10. BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's intermittently after fresh reinstall: Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated as this frustrating problem has been happening for months. So I have a Toshiba Z20T-B laptop with a copy of Windows 10 Pro reinstalled only 3 days ago. The problems were occurring before that too. The computer has BSOD'd...