Windows 10: Cannot update anything out of Windows Store

Discus and support Cannot update anything out of Windows Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I discovered this while trying to update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I was trying to join a server, particularly the Hive Server, when a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BraveKnight989, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Cannot update anything out of Windows Store

So, I discovered this while trying to update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I was trying to join a server, particularly the Hive Server, when a message said I needed to update to version 1.11.0 to play. I thought this was weird because I was able to get in before and the Minecraft site said that it was supposed to update automatically, which it had done before. My Minecraft says its on version 1.8.0 on the home page, so I decided to try and update it manually using the steps given on the Minecraft page. So, I went to Microsoft Store, went to Downloads and Updates, and clicked Get Updates, and nothing happened. Nothing. Nothing appeared, not even a loading wheel, just a blank page. I'm also not sure if this is just Minecraft not updating, or if none of my apps are able to update. Can someone tell me how to update these games without going through Windows Store, or if this is just a bug on Minecraft or the Hive Servers end?

Cannot update anything out of Windows Store 4557f941-f917-4d23-8f37-e797425a33d5?upload=true.png

Cannot update anything out of Windows Store 41f37e9d-0c63-4dbc-8052-e112bd258817?upload=true.png

Cannot update anything out of Windows Store 826d0ce2-0004-4e81-9af2-a0c01048fd19?upload=true.png

:)

BraveKnight989, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

unable to run window store and update

Sorry for the late response. If the above steps did not work, let's try another troubleshooting step. You can try the suggestion by Linley Meslier above and see if it will resolve the issue. If not, try resetting Windows Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana.
    • Type WSreset.exe, then click it.
    • The Store app and a command prompt will open without any messages and it will automatically close when the process is done.
    • Restart the computer.

After doing the steps, try running Windows Store again and see if you can do an update.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 31, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Cannot update anything out of Windows Store

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot update anything out of Windows Store :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Cannot update anything out of Windows Store

1. Cannot update anything out of Windows Store - Similar Threads - Cannot update anything

2. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install/update anything on ms store: I've tried countless times trying to fix this problem it just keeps repeating the same message "Something happened on our end.", I have tried resetting the cache, resetting through the settings app and even tried different products but nothing worked. windows 10 is my OS...
  3. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install/update anything on ms store: I've tried countless times trying to fix this problem it just keeps repeating the same message "Something happened on our end.", I have tried resetting the cache, resetting through the settings app and even tried different products but nothing worked. windows 10 is my OS...
  4. I cannot install/update anything on ms store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows store doesn't update anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows store doesn't update anything: i've tried the troubleshooter thing, multiple command prompts i've found around this community, reset the microsoft store, erasing its data, exiting and reentering, i don't know what to do and the apps are starting to not work because the all tell me to update them to...
  6. microsoft store cannot download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store cannot download anything: error 0x80080005 is what it saysthe troubleshooter does not work and i cannot update to another version of windows because my settings application does not load the windows update section.wsreset did not work either , and signing in and out and creating new accounts did not...
  7. microsoft store cannot download anything

microsoft store cannot download anything: error 0x80080005 is what it saysthe troubleshooter does not work and i cannot update to another version of windows because my settings application does not load the windows update section.wsreset did not work either , and signing in and out and creating new accounts did not...
  8. Cannot download anything from windows store.

Cannot download anything from windows store.: This all started with Minecraft windows 10, I was going to play it then it just said to unlock the full game and buy it I did. I could not go to the servers tab etc, after a while of trying to see what was wrong I just decided to uninstall it, when I tried to reinstall it...
  9. Cannot download anything to from Store.

Cannot download anything to from Store.: I cannot download anything from Microsoft Store. Everything gets stuck in starting download or pending. I have tried everything from the post below twice. I do not want to hard reset my computer. Its barely been used and has a terabyte of fee space. Is there any way to make...
  10. Cannot install anything from the Windows Store

Cannot install anything from the Windows Store: I just recently purchased a new XBox Wireless Controller, the Bluetooth version, for use with my RetroPie setup, as well as my Windows 10 gaming rig. One of the first things I'm supposed to do is connect it to my desktop, go to the Windows Store and download XBox Accessories,...