Windows 10: Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth

Discus and support Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got that message and went to the "Learn More"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SethDesilets, May 21, 2020.

1. Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth

I got that message and went to the "Learn More" https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...rsion-1903-on-devices-with-some-driver-versio and got to step 16 when my issue began. I did as it said and opened Device Manager, there is no bluetooth located anywhere in my device manager so I can not continue with the steps to update my Windows. I don't really know what to do here and haven't had any luck looking it up online. Any help on how to fix this?

:)

SethDesilets, May 21, 2020

2. That Realtek Bluetooth driver.

I cannot install the latest update because of the problem with the driver. The problem is I don't have Realtek Bluetooth. I have a Broadcom usb bluetooth. Have searched everywhere and tried all suggested options but I can't find a Realtek driver.

So I cannot update!

hampton4444, May 21, 2020
  3. BAM
    BAM Win User
    Cannot update Win 10 to v1909 Realtek Bluetooth driver has to be updated

Ran into this problem also, complaining about old Realtek BT drivers but none installed.

First check for non-present devices in Device Manager by enabling hidden items under View/Show hidden devices. If you still don't see your bluetooth device listed, you may have an orphaned driver file like I did.

Check your C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder for the file RtkBtfilter.sys.
    An old Realtek bluetooth driver, not being used but detected by the updater.

Deleted the file and update was able to continue.

There was nothing logged in the CompatData().xml files as suggested to check here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/416169/how-to-fix-what-needs-your-attention-windows-10-setup-errors/

(I guess because it wasn't installed nor was there any inf file for it.)

4. mrgeek Win User

Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth

troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter

"Anyone any idea how to install the drivers mentioned above? As Windows Update does not 'see' them."
    It does not see them because that is your list of hidden updates. You can simply check the ones you want to go thru and the next Windows Update will see them but auto install, so be careful if you don't actually want them.

"I am having troubles with my Realtek WLAN/BlueTooth adapter, so I would like to try a driver update."
    Best thing to do and not screw up the list of Hidden Updates you already have, is go to Device Manager (Win+X), expand Bluetooth to see installed drivers. Then r-click the driver/Update Driver Software/Search automatically ... If there is a newer one, it will auto install. Test, if not happy roll back by doing same steps except click Properties and use roll back option. Good Luck

Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth [​IMG]

mrgeek, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth

1. Cannot Update Because of Realtek Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Cannot Update Realtek

2. Can't update Windows 10 because of Realtek Bluetooth drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update Windows 10 because of Realtek Bluetooth drivers: I am trying to update an inspiron 3656. Update keeps saying I have a problem with the Realtek Bluetooth drivers. I have tried to update the driver, but Device manager tells me I have the best driver. I am stuck in an endless circle....
  3. Cannot Update Realtek Audio Console

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Update Realtek Audio Console: HelloI have Realtek Audio Console which was working fine but now it will not update in the Microsoft store it just says there was an error our end... and nothing else I have been trying now for 3 days without success and the same message everytime....
  4. Cannot Update Realtek Audio Console

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Update Realtek Audio Console: HelloI have Realtek Audio Console which was working fine but now it will not update in the Microsoft store it just says there was an error our end... and nothing else I have been trying now for 3 days without success and the same message everytime....
  5. Optional updates, AMD and realtek Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Optional updates, AMD and realtek Bluetooth: Optional updates, AMD and Realtek Bluetooth As per the attached image win10 shows 2 optional updates, I don't have an issue with installing the Realtek Bluetooth driver but I would like to know more about the AMD driver as it is dated 8/30/2017 version 5.12.0.38, thanks....
  6. Windows Update 1903 and Realtek Bluetooth

Windows Update 1903 and Realtek Bluetooth: Hello everyone, I have tried updating my computer with Windows 10 Update 1903 and it is been block by the realtek bluetooth issue Although I downloaded the drivers to update the driver but I do not see the driver in the device manager. What can I do to solve the issue?...
  7. Bluetooth cannot be activated because of Code 43?

Bluetooth cannot be activated because of Code 43?: Hello, everyone, here's the problem. I want to connect my Bluetooth headphones to my laptop. But I cannot activate Bluetooth. The Bluetooth adapter is still displayed in the device manager, but the symbol in the task bar is not. Who can help me? Many thanks in advance...
  8. Realtek bluetooth driver won't update.

Realtek bluetooth driver won't update.: I'm trying to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 8.1 and the install stops on Realtek driver issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4529832/updating-to-windows-10-version-1903-on-devices-with-some-driver-versio current driver is 1.3.810.3 How do I get around this? Tim...
  9. Cannot Update Windows 10 1903 Because Of Realtek Driver

Cannot Update Windows 10 1903 Because Of Realtek Driver: Hi! I've been trying to update my windows 10 for a while since its reached end of service and I can no longer stream with audio to my friends on discord It goes almost completely through the process and then says I need to fix the Realtek Bluetooth Driver. However, it...
  10. Windows 10 1803 -> 1903 Update Fails Because of Realtek Bluetooth

Windows 10 1803 -> 1903 Update Fails Because of Realtek Bluetooth: Windows Version: Windows 10, version 1803 (OS Build 17134.1130) I've been trying to update from version 1803 to version 1903 through Windows Update, but when the installation is 25% complete, I get a popup informing me that my existing Realtek Bluetooth driver isn't...