Windows 10: Cannot update email password in Mail app

Discus and support Cannot update email password in Mail app in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have had to change the password for one of my email accounts. I can now access it online but cannot update the password in my Desktop Mail app. The... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by clayto, Sep 24, 2018.

1. clayto Win User

Cannot update email password in Mail app

I have had to change the password for one of my email accounts. I can now access it online but cannot update the password in my Desktop Mail app. The Fix and the Attention needed links no longer offer me the change password option, as they once did. How can I change the password in Mail to the new one?

:)

clayto, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 24, 2018
  3. kjdawson1 Win User
    Email addresses in People app does not open up in the mail app

I have windows 10. Previously in the people app when you clicked on a persons email you had the option to open the email in the mail app. Now when I click on any persons email whether it is gmail or outlook et al, it no longer gives me a choice to open in the mail app.... rather it just opens up my browser. This is for every email address I have in the people app. One more thing for your clarification. The mail app is synced with the people app because when I insert a name in the "to" box, the email addresses from the contact list show up as options. So I don't think this is a syncing issue. The problem is that you can't use the people app to email anyone because all it does is open up a browser when you click on the emaill address in the people app. Any Suggestions?

kjdawson1, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Cannot update email password in Mail app

Windows Mail App syncing not showing the content of the mail

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I'd be glad to help you.

Let's try to follow these steps, mentioned below and check, if it works:

Add and remove an account on Mail App:

I would suggest you to remove the email account and add this account again in Mail app.

Try these steps below, to delete the email account
    on the Mail app.

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for the email account
      on Choose an account Window, then Tap or click on
      the email account you want to remove.
    • At the bottom, tap or click Remove account or
      Remove all accounts, thus
      remove the email account.
    Try these steps below, to reconfigure
    the email accounton Mail app

• Type Mail App in the search bar on the desktop and click on
      Add account in the Mail app Window.
    • Check for the email account
      on Choose an account Window. If it is not available, go to
      Other account.
    • Add your email account,
      Email address and Password in the
      Other account Window and check, if it works.
    Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Cannot update email password in Mail app

1. Cannot update email password in Mail app - Similar Threads - Cannot update email

2. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  3. cannot change mail password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot change mail password: trying to put in a new password for mail in win 10 but I keep getting an unknown 16 digit number. Why is it not acceptinging my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-mail-password/f2efd883-f92c-44f3-8d93-773f3e24e212
  4. Outlook email cannot be added to Windows Mail App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook email cannot be added to Windows Mail App: I had to send my laptop to get fixed since the previous Windows update was making my laptop get the blue screen and performing automatic updates constantly. Now that I got my laptop fixed they updated it to the latest Windows 10 update. I had to add my email accounts to the...
  5. Password update in Mail app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password update in Mail app: It requires that I update a password. After update it requires update again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-update-in-mail-app/e9207b01-d963-4ff4-86a8-b2592256215a
  6. Mail App "Attention Required" and Update Password

Mail App "Attention Required" and Update Password: Hello. I have a button on my screen in the Mail app that says "Attention Required". I could not figure it out, even after I deleted and re-setup my email on it. I have my gmail on it, but can not get my main email on it. It also says "Sync Error" and my iCloud settings are...
  7. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  8. Cannot recreate email account in Mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot recreate email account in Mail app: I was advised to delete / restore 2 failed accounts in the Mail app. The Outlook account was restored OK but I cannot get my second account, Yahoo, back. I can access the account OK online and in my Android tablet, but not in the Windows 10 PC Mail app. I reach the stage...
  9. Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app

Cannot save email address from Mail app to People app: I am trying to add an email address from an existing email from the Windows 10 Mail app to the Windows 10 People app. I click the email adress, click OPEN CONTACT, click SAVE. It does not save. Instead, it opens my list of contacts and asks me to "Choose a contact". I have to...
  10. Mail app repeatedly asks for password update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mail app repeatedly asks for password update: Can't really add much more to the problem but every time I open mail to view my mail account , password out of date pops up . The mail account does open and everything looks fine , Help anyone ? 18512

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error message 99999 in yahoo when trying to open contacts