Windows 10: Cannot update end of service version

Discus and support Cannot update end of service version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running version 1803. Since its service has ended I get no security updates and cannot install most new softwares. If I go to Backup and Security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shahaf84, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Shahaf84 Win User

Cannot update end of service version

I'm running version 1803. Since its service has ended I get no security updates and cannot install most new softwares.

If I go to Backup and Security and try to update, I get the error that my version is out of service.

If I download Windows10Upgrade from Microsoft's website, and press Upgrade, it does nothing then notifies me my OS is up to date.

How do I fix this?

Do I need to update to an older version first?

Can I purchase a new license and re-install windows?

:)

Shahaf84, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Support for the service pack-free version of Vista ended

From the MS Website ...
    I'm not sure why Fud commented that "MS considers Vista SP2 the bare minimum for decent support", since it appears they will still be supporting Vista SP1

Kreij, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    End of supplemental servicing for Windows 10 version 1511

Source: End of supplemental servicing for Windows 10, version 1511 Windows for IT Pros

Brink, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Cannot update end of service version

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot update end of service version

1. Cannot update end of service version - Similar Threads - Cannot update end

2. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?: Hello all Window users and/or Employees...I've been receiving notices for quite some time regarding certain security updates that fail to take place on my PC, or version of windows, aka reaching end of service??? My version is only 2 years old.Please see notice...
  3. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?: Hello all Window users and/or Employees...I've been receiving notices for quite some time regarding certain security updates that fail to take place on my PC, or version of windows, aka reaching end of service??? My version is only 2 years old.Please see notice...
  4. Version of Windows 10 reaching end of service?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update After End Of Service

Windows Update After End Of Service: If windows 10 end of service, is windows update alert me to upgrade to windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-after-end-of-service/6c66f9fd-c158-484e-8283-50280dec161b
  6. Windows Update - End of Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - End of Service: I have a computer equipped with the following O/SWindows 10 Ho,eVersion: 1803Installed on 2018-08-22OS Build 17134.1246I haven't used it for a while and I am trying to run Windows Update, but it says that my Windows version has "reached end of service". I understand that...
  7. Windows Update - End of Service

Windows Update - End of Service: I have a computer equipped with the following O/SWindows 10 Ho,eVersion: 1803Installed on 2018-08-22OS Build 17134.1246I haven't used it for a while and I am trying to run Windows Update, but it says that my Windows version has "reached end of service". I understand that...
  8. Windows Update - End of Service

9. OS Build version 1809 end of service

OS Build version 1809 end of service: Hello, I am currently using OS Build version 1809 and am worried about this build nearing the end of its service next month. I am physically disabled and require the microphone to control the use of my laptop with voice dictation software. When I install the new feature...
  10. Win10 version end of service-is action required?

Win10 version end of service-is action required?: It reads like something that needs fixing but I'm finding little of what to do. What I've tried hasn't made a difference. Thanks, XCOTT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-version-end-of-service-is-action-required/4ec8b7e7-5d74-41f5-91ac-b5a32e0e2d40