Windows 10: Cannot update Flash.ocx on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot update Flash.ocx on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, even if the last Microsoft Flash Player update is installed, the single file Flash.ocx seems to be not updated and remains at the old version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Unerrore, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Unerrore Win User

Cannot update Flash.ocx on Windows 10

Hi,

even if the last Microsoft Flash Player update is installed, the single file Flash.ocx seems to be not updated and remains at the old version 32.0.0.156 .

I read some article on the Adobe support portal and they say it is a Microsoft problem since the component is released as a Windows Update for Windows 10 Computers.

Could you help with this?

:)

Unerrore, Jul 3, 2020
  2. PzSniper Win User

Windows 10 - Flash.ocx Install corrupted

Seems my Flash installation on Widnwos 10. Build 10547 x64 it's corrupted....

I cannot play flash contents into Edge or IE 11 right now...

I've downloaded
    But i cannot install it it say: THIS UPDATE IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR COMPUTER

I really cannot find a way to update Flash.ocx into C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder.....
    Now flash plugin doesn't also appear into IE 11 Addons...

I lost whole day trying to figure out how to repait flash WITHOUT reinstalling Windows...

Any hints please?

SFC and DISM didn't fixed this issue....

PzSniper, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Pz Sniper Win User

Seems my Flash installation on Windows 10. Build 10547 x64 it's corrupted....

I cannot play flash contents into Edge or IE 11 right now...

I've downloaded
    But i cannot install it it say: THIS UPDATE IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR COMPUTER

I really cannot find a way to update Flash.ocx into C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder.....

Now flash plugin doesn't also appear into IE 11 Addons...

I lost whole day trying to figure out how to repait flash WITHOUT reinstalling Windows...

Any hints please?

SFC and DISM didn't fixed this issue....

Pz Sniper, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Cannot update Flash.ocx on Windows 10

Hello,

Flash.ocx is an Adobe flash plug-in that is responsible for Adobe Flash player to work on the system.

Location for Flash.ocx for 32/64 bit windows OS:

For 64 bit operating system: 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx'

For 32 bit operating system: 'C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash'

Please run the command from elevated command prompt[run cmd as an admin] to re-register flash.ocx to the 64 bit windows OS machine:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx

Reload IE with flash content site, which will works fine.

Applies to : Windows 7/Windows 8/ Windows 8.1/Windows 10

Flash player isn't working in IE 11 windows 8.1

RajnishDixit, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Cannot update Flash.ocx on Windows 10

1. Cannot update Flash.ocx on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot update Flash

2. CMDLG32.OCX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMDLG32.OCX: I need the following file: COMDLG32.OCX Can I get this file from Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmdlg32ocx/19b13c05-f88b-4e60-809e-f5724372d8ed
  3. COMCTL32.ocx error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    COMCTL32.ocx error: Hi , I am getting component "COMCTL32.ocx" or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invalid.i tired all the options in search.registering COMCTL32.ocx ,Downloaded new file and registered again and other options still getting same issue.Please...
  4. mscomct2.ocx windows 10 missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mscomct2.ocx windows 10 missing: I've gone through all of the forums I can find and I cannot for the life of me find a fix for this solution. I keep getting a popup every time I turn my computer on that tells me the file is missing or corrupted. I can't find any suitable downloads to fix the problem. I am...
  5. DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX under windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX under windows 10: I have recently started using windows 10 and need to install DBGRID32.OCX and GRID32.OCX for VB6. The versions of these OCXs I have previously used to not appear to work, I.e. I get the message "The module ... was loaded but the entry-point was not found. Make sure that ......
  6. COMDLG32.OCX missing

COMDLG32.OCX missing: Hi, I was trying to run a program, but it says that COMDLG32.OCX is missing. Looking for answers, I couldn't find one that solves the issue as it is missing from SysWOW64 and Sys32 as trying to register the file results in a message saying it can't be found and it isn't...
  7. MSCOMM32.OCX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSCOMM32.OCX: Dear Admin, I would like to use MSCOMM32.OCX to communicate my excel with an Arduino board by serial port. I did it a lot of time easily on different laptops but now, I have a problem. OS is x-64 based Win10 home single language 10.0.18362 on AMD A6-6220, office is...
  8. TABCTL32.OCX file missing/invalid for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    TABCTL32.OCX file missing/invalid for Windows 10: "Component TABCTL.OCX ou uma de suas dependências não corretamente registrada: um arquivo ausente ou inválido" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/tabctl32ocx-file-missinginvalid-for-windows-10/b08c17ff-aaec-497d-9e91-98ad170074d2
  9. comdlg32.ocx

comdlg32.ocx: I have a program in VB6. When I try to run it, I get an error relating to comctl32.ocx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/comdlg32ocx/bfb84ace-e390-4cd1-984f-4e13640c2ad9
  10. COMCTL32.OCX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COMCTL32.OCX: Where can I download COMCTL32.OCX, Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/comctl32ocx/b51613e2-e032-45ac-b4cf-2b8e58c2096e