Windows 10: Cannot update from Windows creators update to FCU

Discus and support Cannot update from Windows creators update to FCU in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys , Today I download the FCU update straight from Windows Update . When the first restart, I clicked "Update and Restart" , but it didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Brooks, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Brooks Win User

Cannot update from Windows creators update to FCU

Hi guys ,

Today I download the FCU update straight from Windows Update . When the first restart, I clicked "Update and Restart" , but it didn't process the update , it just back to the my version of Windows . But in the second restart , most of the $WINDOWS.~BT folder content is gone.

Any ideas how to solve this problem ? Thanks ! *Wink

:)

Brooks, Nov 26, 2017

2. Screensaver not working after failed 2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4041676) update

[This forum's still kinda/sorta buggy. This is my third attempt to SUBMIT this reply!]

Well, now we know that the first attempt to install KB4041676 probably didn't cause the screensaver problem and successfully installing KB4041676 didn't resolve the problem. [That's not as dumb as it sounds!]

When (approx. date) did the "disc drive" stop working properly "unless the power options are set to never sleep?"

As for the Fall Creators Update, see...

What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update [FCU]

What’s new in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows Experience Blog

You cannot stop the FCU from installing if & when it's offered via Windows Update (but you may be able to delay it for a bit). That being said, it's entirely possible that the FCU may not be offered to your seven-year-old computer (i.e., your computer hardware
    may not support the new build). But let's not "put Descartes before the horse" as one of my professors was fond of saying. You've got more important things to worry about at this point.

[Note2Self:N&McRTs]

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 26, 2017
  3. Live tile on Windows store app not working properly

Something went terribly wrong for us either with upgrading to CU (Creators Update) or FCU (Fall Creators Update)

Adding to the confusion Windows Store is now Microsoft Store and the issue of NO Live tile prevails and cannot be fixed with ANY workarounds.

It's a case of 'don't blame the end user', but look at the telemetry data, statistics, forum posts and PYFOM!

BTW..... PYFOM = Pull Your Finger Out Microsoft

starburst777, Nov 26, 2017
  4. Cannot update from Windows creators update to FCU

Caledon Ken, Nov 27, 2017
Thema:

Cannot update from Windows creators update to FCU

1. Cannot update from Windows creators update to FCU - Similar Threads - Cannot update creators

2. Windows creator update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator update: Hello, I have been having really big issues (fps drops and freezing) since the windows fall creators update. It has been more than a year and there is no fix for that yet. I would like to ask, if Microsoft does care about their costumers, because I am more than very sure,...
  3. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  4. Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update.: How will I know when the Creator's Update has been installed please? Presumably it appears in Settings/Update and Security but is it identifiable? 86408
  5. Creators Update

Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  6. creator update

creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  7. Creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators update: I installed the creators update some months ago that helped solving some of the problems I had with windows. But after windows crashed and I had to reinstall it, I can no longer seem to get the creators update to work. I just get a message that says "thank you for updating...
  8. Update from AU to FCU?

Update from AU to FCU?: My desktop PC is running the AU (W10 Pro) since I have deferred updates. My laptop just upgraded to the FCU which I'm happy with. Is there any problem just letting my desktop PC upgrade straight from the AU to FCU (missing out the CU)? 96317
  9. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...
  10. FCU Download Size via Windows Update

FCU Download Size via Windows Update: MS has been touting the virtues of software delivery optimization via UUP; but, looking at their UUP repository, there's hardly any size difference between the required set of canonical UUP files and an esd file. But I'm thinking the Express delivery method used by WU...