Windows 10: Cannot update machine

Discus and support Cannot update machine in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to update my laptop so it doesn't die on me, but even if I download these updates separately online and try to install them manually, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SKNVisuals, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Cannot update machine

I'm trying to update my laptop so it doesn't die on me, but even if I download these updates separately online and try to install them manually, they still fail. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and I cannot find anything on either of these errors! Any help would be appreciated.

Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4516058) - Error 0x8e5e0147
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 (KB4486153) - Error 0x8e5e0147

:)

SKNVisuals, Sep 18, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot update machine :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 18, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Cannot update machine

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Cannot update machine

1. Cannot update machine - Similar Threads - Cannot update machine

2. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  3. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  4. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  6. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043.1826I was trying to install WSL2 but when I was trying to enable Virtual Machine Platform I got this error when restarting: "Failed to update services".I ran systeminfo.exe and checked to make sure virtualization is...
  7. Cannot enable Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Virtual machine platform cannot be enabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual machine platform cannot be enabled.: I'm running Windows 10 Home 10.0.19043 build 19043 on FUJITSU FMVWKS2S77.I followed https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 to install WSL2, but Step 3 resulted in an error. After rebooting, the update does not complete with the message "Failure configuring...
  9. two machines cannot be seen on LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    two machines cannot be seen on LAN: Yet both can see and browse files ok. One of then is running Win10 and the other XP. I can't see either when I try and remap the drives. I ran the networking diagnosis but it didn't help. Just seemed to happen out of the blue. Any help appreciated. 175410
  10. cannot see non_windows machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see non_windows machines: I cannot see my NAS running FreeBSD. I have a SAMBA share configured. I read the article from Tech support saying I have to use a password account, not a PIN account. Yes they are on the same net and subnet. I can ping all devices with no problems but the NAS does not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2019-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4516058)