Windows 10: cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home

Discus and support cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dave_462, Dec 22, 2018.

1. dave_462 Win User

cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home

having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store.

:)

dave_462, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, Dec 22, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home - Similar Threads - cannot update microsoft

2. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store: Hi, I brought the Windows 10 Pro off the Microsoft store, after buying to upgrade nothing happened, after restart my Windows now tells me it is no longer activated and to go to activate Windows, troubleshooting does nothing, signing in and out does nothing, restarting again...
  3. Cannot update windows and download from microsoft store

Cannot update windows and download from microsoft store: After updating windows 10 home to pro, i can't check updates and download apps from microsoft store [ATTACH] [ATTACH] And when i click "View configured update policies" : [ATTACH] what should i do?...
  4. windows updates in windows 10s

windows updates in windows 10s: unable to complete updates in windows 10s. windows malicious software removal tool x64 update generates an error code: 0x80711c7. troubleshooter is no help. windows 10s built in security does not allow running of file recommended by updates virtual agent. detailed report: xml...
  5. Microsoft Store updating Error (Windows 10 Home)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store updating Error (Windows 10 Home): Hi, I'm getting this error Code: 0x800700B7 when updating or installing new apps from the Store. Can anyone share a fix for this? 144479
  6. Cannot connect BOSE 700 Headphones to Surface Go (Windows 10s)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect BOSE 700 Headphones to Surface Go (Windows 10s): I'm trying to connect my Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 to my Surface Go (Windows 10s). I cannot find the BOSE Music app in your store (which BOSE suggest I use). When I use the bluetooth feature in settings, it pairs with the BOSE but the icon doesn't show the...
  7. switching from windows 10s to windows 10

switching from windows 10s to windows 10: If I switch from windows 10s to windows 10 what will I lose ,besides virus protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-from-windows-10s-to-windows-10/e3c52a24-36d8-40d1-8b0e-0b6dd66be2ed
  8. Can I go from windows 10 pro to windows 10s?

Can I go from windows 10 pro to windows 10s?: Hello, Is there a way to go back to windows 10s after I have done the upgrade? Windows 10 pro seems to be taking up a lot of space. Should I have used system restore to make a backup point before I started the update?...
  9. Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode: having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store. ***Modified...
  10. Windows 10S update

Windows 10S update: My Surface Laptop which uses Windows 10S updated for the first time today since I purchased it and following the update, I have lost all my apps except for mail and store - which infact are not visible or search-able, but rather if I hover over where they were placed on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant update microsoft store go