Windows 10: cannot update multiple times

Discus and support cannot update multiple times in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Whenever I try to download the new windows update it keeps giving this error 0xc0000142. I searched the web but it seems to be an error code that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr2_Wei, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Mr2_Wei Win User

cannot update multiple times

Whenever I try to download the new windows update it keeps giving this error 0xc0000142.

I searched the web but it seems to be an error code that seems completely unrelated to my issue.

:)

Mr2_Wei, Aug 23, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond cannot update multiple times :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 23, 2019
  3. updates to pc failed multiple times

i think its because i chose to have notifications off...? but anyways, i see recent updates list show multiple updates for various programs that failed to update. an hour ago, i tried running "windows10upgrade.exe" and it too failed. i see there are updates that look like they are downloading, but are just stuck there. and whenever i log off pc and shut down for the night, sometimes i get a brief notice, "installing updates" -dont turn off your pc..but too late after i click to shutdown. very odd. and the updated list shows only updates made in march of this year only. any hints?*Shock

cannot update multiple times [​IMG]

cannot update multiple times [​IMG]

Pathfinder, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Noela Tum Win User

Updates downloading multiple times

Hi Vicki,

When you see multiple Windows update installations in your update history, it might occur due to corrupted Windows update component. To isolate the issue, kindly answer these questions:

• Did the Windows updates go through successfully?
    • What's the exact message listed next to the updates? (Example: KB4023057)
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have tried so far?

We can use the
    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    because it can help resolve errors that you encounter while installing the latest Windows updates.

In the future, please check the available update history in Windows 10 to see if it was successfully installed. Please select the
    Start button, then select Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Advanced options > View your update history.

Hope this helps and let us know if you need more assistance.

Noela Tum, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

1. cannot update multiple times - Similar Threads - cannot update multiple

2. Drivers are updated multiple times..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers are updated multiple times..: Hello!I downloaded and installed the latest updates on my Windows 11 laptop. But i couldn't properly install 2 drivers, or thats what i thought. I checked the update history, and these 2 drivers were already updated multiple times, but im still asked to download and install...
  3. Drivers are updated multiple times..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers are updated multiple times..: Hello!I downloaded and installed the latest updates on my Windows 11 laptop. But i couldn't properly install 2 drivers, or thats what i thought. I checked the update history, and these 2 drivers were already updated multiple times, but im still asked to download and install...
  4. BSOD multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD multiple times: BSOD occuring several times on startup.Link for minidump files & msinfo32.nfo file : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DK5yhI-Qxz3thZ0Ok8SIjLAWJseVFk4b?usp=sharingPlease help!!!!...
  5. BSOD multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD multiple times: BSOD occuring several times on startup.Link for minidump files & msinfo32.nfo file : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DK5yhI-Qxz3thZ0Ok8SIjLAWJseVFk4b?usp=sharingPlease help!!!!...
  6. Windows Update fails multiple times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update fails multiple times: I have attempted to install updates several times.Update 2021-05 W10V1909x64 based system KB4023057Consistently stops updating at 61%HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS TO GET A PROPERLY UPDATED SYSTEM...
  7. Update Failed 0x800707e7 Multiple times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Failed 0x800707e7 Multiple times: Hi,For the past few months I've been trying to update Windows. I have two user profiles in my computer- Administrator which I don't use much and the other PC10 my main user with my data. It installs the update and shows the message to restart the computer to apply the...
  8. "Optional Features" Pops Up for Multiple Times, and Cannot be Closed

"Optional Features" Pops Up for Multiple Times, and Cannot be Closed: "Optional features" in Settings pops up for multiple times every day, almost 2-3 minutes interval, and it cannot be managed, nor closed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-features-pops-up-for-multiple-times-and/193a8e72-ed11-4109-ac4f-ceb74e0e0323
  9. BSOD multiple time for multiple issues

BSOD multiple time for multiple issues: I have bought a used HP Z800 graphics workstation and since I bought it I started getting BSOD every few week or 2 weeks and I don't know the reason, I have checked the mini dump files and detected HAL / File System / NT Kernel . Can anyone help please....
  10. updates to pc failed multiple times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates to pc failed multiple times: i think its because i chose to have notifications off...? but anyways, i see recent updates list show multiple updates for various programs that failed to update. an hour ago, i tried running "windows10upgrade.exe" and it too failed. i see there are updates that look like...