Windows 10: Cannot update my Windows Vista. I rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates.

Discus and support Cannot update my Windows Vista. I rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Split from this thread.proxy setting reset can not up date my windows vista i rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Charles Helms, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Cannot update my Windows Vista. I rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates.

Split from this thread.proxy setting reset can not up date my windows vista i rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates

:)

Charles Helms, Nov 23, 2022

2. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Suupala Win User
    Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Cannot update my Windows Vista. I rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates.

Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Cannot update my Windows Vista. I rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates.

1. Cannot update my Windows Vista. I rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates. - Similar Threads - Cannot update Vista

2. Update windows vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update windows vista: In what way can I update my acer windows Vista old version ?How can I update my windows Vista laptop which has internet explorer problems ?How can I install apps in my laptop by not receiving any error messages ?...
  3. Update windows vista

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update windows vista: In what way can I update my acer windows Vista old version ?How can I update my windows Vista laptop which has internet explorer problems ?How can I install apps in my laptop by not receiving any error messages ?...
  4. I accidentally cleared all my disks and now i cant boot to windows and it says “reboot and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally cleared all my disks and now i cant boot to windows and it says “reboot and...: I accidentally cleared all my disks and now i cant boot to windows and it says “reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select boot device and press a key” I need help…....
  5. Cannot update my Windows Vista. I rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates.

Cannot update my Windows Vista. I rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates.: Split from this thread.proxy setting reset can not up date my windows vista i rebooted system with disks and now it lost certificates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-my-windows-vista-i-rebooted-system/fdb43fd4-70eb-45f3-a065-9d966d692bcd
  6. Restoring a certificate - "The system cannot find the file specified"

Restoring a certificate - "The system cannot find the file specified": Hi all, I am having a bit of an issue re-accessing some of my encrypted files in a new set up I've made.I have exported the certificate originally used to encrypt the files from the original build, and successfully imported it into the new system. I can see the certificate in...
  7. No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update: Hi, Whenever I try to look for updates through the Windows update program, It says my PC is up to date. However, My PC is still on build 1909. Updating through the media creation tool with an ISO gives the error "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." Looking at...
  8. my system cannot update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my system cannot update: [IMG]cannot update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-cannot-update/11fe20f5-1e7d-482c-a4ed-1c971f7f73a8
  9. Windows Update for Vista

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update for Vista: Windows Update for Vista- The last update for my Vista was 9/16. Since that time my Windows Update has not worked. I know Microsoft ceased updates for Vista in 2017. In Nov. 2016 I stopped using my computer and started using it now (6/17). The taskbar indicates new...
  10. reboot system, now I can't connect to that system over the LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reboot system, now I can't connect to that system over the LAN: So I have this very stable *Smile Workgroup LAN. All systems are Win 10 64 Pro, and all share some drives for easy backup and file sync, etc. So this one system, call it A, is rebooted for normal maintenance reasons. Suddenly, system D can't see system A. *Mad Even a ping...