Windows 10: Cannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations

Discus and support Cannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I need to update my OS. I do not have enough space. When I select 'use an external hard drive' it still requires space on my C drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel Cann, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Cannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations

Hi,

I need to update my OS.

I do not have enough space.

When I select 'use an external hard drive' it still requires space on my C drive.

I have deleted all temporary files, moved all my documents to another drive, moved everything on my desktop, done disk cleanup, deleted all applications which I do not need and know I can delete, moved all applications that I can, and still do not have enough space.

What should I do? Almost everything left on my C drive is stuff that I cannot delete without causing problems to my computer!

Thank you.

:)

Daniel Cann, Oct 21, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Heavy B63 Win User
    Storage space in Drive C

How do you increase the storage space in Drive C?

I have added a new disk to my laptop creating an extra drive.

Heavy B63, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

Cannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CCannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations

1. Cannot Update PC Due to C drive disk storage space limitations - Similar Threads - Cannot Update Due

2. cannot update due to storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot update due to storage: I have a HP stream laptop it came with only 32G of memory. All the updates have eaten up my memory . I have added I have added a memory card with 256 G on it .I need to clear space for another update. How can I move programs tothe new drive...
  3. cannot update due to storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot update due to storage: I have a HP stream laptop it came with only 32G of memory. All the updates have eaten up my memory . I have added I have added a memory card with 256 G on it .I need to clear space for another update. How can I move programs tothe new drive...
  4. cannot update due to storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...
  6. extend c drive storage space

extend c drive storage space: c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-storage-space/b1ccba02-2e20-4360-acf5-94cefeb6890b
  7. Storage Space of C Drive

Storage Space of C Drive: I am facing a serious issue, my C Drive is getting full automatically, even after I clean-up temporary files and other unwanted stuffs. Please tell me some points to resolve this issue...
  8. Storage space in Drive C

Storage space in Drive C: How do you increase the storage space in Drive C? I have added a new disk to my laptop creating an extra drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-in-drive-c/6e415259-4f48-4d7d-a703-2a5df41589fe"
  9. Limited disk space on C:\ drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Limited disk space on C:\ drive: I bought this Dell desktop from one of the local Microcenter stores, which was a returned item. It came with the C:\ drive supposedly being a flash drive with measly 95 gb of diskspace. I didn't realise it then, but it is making my computer starving for diskspace on C:\...
  10. Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive: This might be hard to explain so an Image May help. The following shows my storage limits on each of my drives (The E and F drives or for backup). [ATTACH] As of Recently I have noticed that my main C: drive has had its storage limit drop down. When I had first gotten my...