Windows 10: Cannot update/repair or find Apple Software Update for Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot update/repair or find Apple Software Update for Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; iTunes 12.5x will not install on my Windows 10 desktop. I download the latest iTunes version and then get the error below, multiple times. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Clark711, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Clark711 Win User

Cannot update/repair or find Apple Software Update for Windows 10

iTunes 12.5x will not install on my Windows 10 desktop. I download the latest iTunes version and then get the error below, multiple times.

Cannot update/repair or find Apple Software Update for Windows 10 [​IMG]

I read up on the error. The recommendation to cure the problem was to go to Programs, Uninstall, but instead Repair the Apple Software Update application.

I tried that, right-clicked to Repair ASU, but then I got a message saying that ASU was already uninstalled. I cannot now find Apple Software Update application to re-install it. I've looked all over the Apple and Windows download systems. No luck.

Can anyone help me with this problem ?

Thanks,

Clark

:)

Clark711, Nov 12, 2016

2. can´t install itunes on windows 10

I had the same problem (i.e. could not update iTunes on my 64-bit laptop after installing Windows 10).

I tried many solutions in the Microsoft Website / Community Answers , but nothing resolved the problem. Finally, the following solution worked:

1. go to Control Panel, then "Programs & Features", then "Uninstall a Program".

2. run "Repair" on each of the following:

- Apple Application Support 64-bit"

- "Apple Mobile Devices Support"

- "Apple Software Update"

3. Restart the PC

4. run "iTunes6464Setup.exe"

Many users have had the same or similar problem. I am surprised that this solution was not on the Microsoft website (or I could not find it as it was not easily visible)! I hope Microsoft will improve the search function on their website - at least for user
    problems and solutions that work.

I cannot repair my Apple Software Update , can I download and re install the Apple Software Update ?

I cannot uninstall the Apple Software Update either . I get the same message I get when trying to install i Tunes .

KevinBelle, Nov 12, 2016
  3. Can‘t install iTunes on Windows 10

Try these solutions first:

Having Problems Installing iTunes on Windows 10? Try These Tips

If none those work, try the following:

The most common cause of the errors is an out-of-date or damaged version of Apple Software Update for Windows on the PC.
    Updating or repairing your Apple Software Update for Windows should get you past the errors.

In Apple Software Update, check to see if you have a new version of Apple Software update.

If available, install the Apple Software Update or else do a
    repair install of your Apple Software Update for Windows. Here's how:

1. Restart the system.

2. Right click on
    Start and navigate to Control Panel > Programs and Features.

3. Select
    Apple Software Update and click "Repair".

Andre Da Costa, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I had problems with Apple Update - see my post 16 at Apple Software Update Server Error

Use the link there to download a version of iTunes containing the version of Apple Update you want. Else you could just download the current version of iTunes if that's the version you want. Use 7 Zip or a similar utility to extract Apple Update from the iTunes .exe file and you can then install the version of Apple Update you want. I never did find a direct download for Apple Update but this workaround works fine.

Steve C, Nov 13, 2016
  5. Clark711 Win User
    Thanks, Steve C

I did as you suggested. I download 7zip and extracted all the msi modules from the latest version of ITunes setup.

I then installed the ASU module but got the same error when installing the iTunes package. So then I installed only the iTunes msi module after the ASU module.

That worked!

Just blind luck, I guess.

Apple makes a good iPhone but also the worst software around. ITunes is by far the most horrible major piece of software ever written.

Clark

Clark711, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot update/repair or find Apple Software Update for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot update repair

2. Windows 10 cannot find updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot find updates: Windows 10 cannot find updates Hi, I haven't been able to do any Windows updates for month. I really have no idea what the problem is. Especially since I have not changed the system in any way, removed relevant files, or installed programs that interfere with the system....
  3. Windows 10 cannot find updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot find updates: Windows 10 cannot find updates Hi, I haven't been able to do any Windows updates for month. I really have no idea what the problem is. Especially since I have not changed the system in any way, removed relevant files, or installed programs that interfere with the system....
  4. Windows 10 cannot find updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10

Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10: Hi, After 20H2 update Win 10 on Mac Air didn't work anymore. I reinstalled Win 10. My keyboard has an issue: e.g. click right, volume, scroll up, down don't work anymore. Tried to use Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10 but the shortcut displays "parameter is...
  6. Apple Update Software

Apple Update Software: I'm trying to find the link to install the 'Apple Update Software' program. I inadvertently uninstalled it. And, I don't see the 'search' box in the lower left corner after I activate the 'windows' icon and can't enter the recommended verbiage....
  7. Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10

Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10: Hello, I am having problems locating the link to download this. It seems I get sent to other places without addressing my issue. Everyone has been telling me to type it in near the windows icon in the lower left corner, buy it does not come up. I do have the latest iTunes....
  8. apple software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apple software update: HOW DO I INSTALL APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apple-software-update/164afa35-69eb-4c38-90f7-17b142d81a2a
  9. Apple Software Update Server Error

Apple Software Update Server Error: Every time I try to check for software updates through Apple Software Update, it keeps saying "The Apple Software Update server could not be found. Check your Internet settings and try again". Does anyone have a solution for this? 36803
  10. Cannot update software

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot update software: After a recent update (March 4, 2016), a number of annoying problems have occurred. My PC at work always has a problem after an update and usually takes many days to resolve the problem and my home PC never seems to be affected until this latest update. Since the latest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot update apple software on windows 10

2. repair apple software update for windows

3. apple software update windows 10

4. apple software update repair windows 10,
  5. apple software update windows 10 repair