Windows 10: cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

Discus and support cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; rebuilt my laptop yesterday using Macrium the last build I had made was in January this year therefore need to update software and windows updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bartjunited, Dec 3, 2019.

1. cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

rebuilt my laptop yesterday using Macrium

the last build I had made was in January this year therefore need to update software and windows updates.

System has updated to 1803

states there is an update for 1903 - download this

system reboots - starts to install the update

THEN - reboots and says "Undoing changes made to your computer"

Ive tried this several times and getting the same issue

Please help

:)

bartjunited, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 3, 2019
  3. windows 10 undoing changes loop

Hi,

This issue is caused by a corrupted updates on your computer.

We found an article similar to your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on this
    thread.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

1. cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes - Similar Threads - cannot update 1903

2. windows update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update undoing changes: Hi folks. I know you can help me with my update issue. It will download and after restart it will says undoing changes. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-undoing-changes/864b016a-8b8b-4d27-a0e8-a31c2ea04299
  3. windows update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update undoing changes: Hi folks. I know you can help me with my update issue. It will download and after restart it will says undoing changes. Please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-undoing-changes/864b016a-8b8b-4d27-a0e8-a31c2ea04299
  4. Cannot complete update/Undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot complete update/Undoing changes: After troubleshooting a problem with my HP Pavilion desktop running Windows 10, tech support told me that I had to reinstall the operating system; which I did by following the link provided to Microsoft and downloading the installation file. That solved my problem. However,...
  5. windows update from 1709 to 1903 fails. Keeps undoing changes.

windows update from 1709 to 1903 fails. Keeps undoing changes.: can't figure out what's breaking the update. I'm already in clean boot here's the setuperr log any clues how to fix? I'd rather not clean install everything if i can help it Code: 2020-04-11 18:57:22, Error DU DU::CDUSession::Search: Failed to end the asynchronus search....
  6. windows 10 1903 update undoing changes loop.

windows 10 1903 update undoing changes loop.: We rolled out an update of the 1903 within a company. most employees succeeded. There are now a few wrkenemers whose update automatically falls back into a "rollback". We can do little about this. We have already removed the virus scanner 3rd party, installed it via the...
  7. Windows 10 update 1903 undoing changes to your computer loop

Windows 10 update 1903 undoing changes to your computer loop: Hi, I just tried to install the new Function Update 1903 on my Laptop (Not sure about the version number). On first try it failed got to the point of undoing the changes and worked normally again. Then i retried the Updated. Windows Downloaded it again and installed it and...
  8. windows 10 cannot install updates undoing changes

windows 10 cannot install updates undoing changes: I have read through all the threads relating to this issue and none of the solutions have worked and the problem remains unresolved. I see that updates are being installed though as the latest update was this morning. However the annoying message and time delay keeps...
  9. Windows Cannot Update Undoing Changes

Windows Cannot Update Undoing Changes: Every time I update it is showing windows cannot update undoing changes at 99% this is my error code (0x8024a105) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-update-undoing-changes/50db9741-008f-4667-9b76-2ad836874fa6
  10. WINDOWS CANNOT UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES

WINDOWS CANNOT UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES: Every time I update it is showing windows cannot update undoing changes at 99% this is my error code (0x8024a105) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cannot-update-undoing-changes/6416894d-0801-4306-b28c-3adbb0a0f3f3