Windows 10: Cannot update to 1909

Discus and support Cannot update to 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my pc is pretty out of date. To be exact I'm on the 1803 update, I'm looking to upgrade to 1909. I've tried a lot of things. The windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cole Edwards, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Cannot update to 1909

Hello, my pc is pretty out of date. To be exact I'm on the 1803 update, I'm looking to upgrade to 1909. I've tried a lot of things.

The windows update assistant won't open

The media creation tool gives me the error code 0x80080005 - 0x90018 which I've tried fixing but cannot.

I'd rather not reset my PC but thought I'd post here to see if there was anyway I could fix and update to 1909

Thanks

:)

Cole Edwards, Jul 13, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Gib G Win User

Cannot update to 1909

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot update to 1909

1. Cannot update to 1909 - Similar Threads - Cannot update 1909

2. Cannot Update past 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Update past 1909: I have been stuck on windows 10 1909 since it was released. Every time I have tried to update via windows update it has failed. I have tried downloading update assistant and updating my PC this way and failed as well. Media creation tool update now option fails as well. And...
  3. Cannot Update past 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Update past 1909: I have been stuck on windows 10 1909 since it was released. Every time I have tried to update via windows update it has failed. I have tried downloading update assistant and updating my PC this way and failed as well. Media creation tool update now option fails as well. And...
  4. Cannot Update past 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot update from 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot update from 1909: Alright, this started out as a simple 'Can't install Minecraft' that has turned into this so here we go.I cannot for the life of me update my computer. I tried going through the Update section of settings, I tried the troubleshooter. But no matter what I do, nothing works. I...
  6. Cannot update from 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot update from 1909: Alright, this started out as a simple 'Can't install Minecraft' that has turned into this so here we go.I cannot for the life of me update my computer. I tried going through the Update section of settings, I tried the troubleshooter. But no matter what I do, nothing works. I...
  7. Cannot update from 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Cannot update from 1803 to 1909

Cannot update from 1803 to 1909: For the past few days, ive been trying to update my windows 10 from version 1803 to 1909. Each time everything goes well untill "working on updates" reaches 89%. This has happened 4 times, each time I had to shut down and undo the changes. The longest I've waited on the 89%...
  9. Cannot update to Windows 10 1909

Cannot update to Windows 10 1909: Hi there, I am getting error code 0x80070003, when I try to update to1909. After following the instructions on this page. I have gone through many attempts to update. Thank you....
  10. Cannot update to 1909 from 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot update to 1909 from 1809: 2020-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4538461) I've run the troubleshooter. I've disabled AV. I've reset windows modules. I've tried in clean boot. For awhile it was getting stuck at 90% and I had to force shutdown. Today the updater...