Windows 10: Cannot update to version 1803

Discus and support Cannot update to version 1803 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have just purchased a new laptop today, and it is having problems downloading the update to Version 1803. It keeps saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by breeb, Sep 27, 2018.

1. breeb Win User

Cannot update to version 1803

Split from this thread.​

I have just purchased a new laptop today, and it is having problems downloading the update to Version 1803. It keeps saying "couldn't install bc the power is off", which is not the case...what should I do? Kind of a newbie but, learning quickly Cannot update to version 1803 :) TY in advance.

:)

breeb, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Sep 27, 2018
  3. ZecretW Win User
    windows update version 1803

Hi guys,

sorry to hijack the thread.

I have the same issue and MS suggest to hide the 1803 update and wait for the 1809.

But in the "wuhowhide" software, the update 1803 is not listed.

The result is an infinit loop of update, restart, rollback, update, restart, rollback.....

Also, how do I share the OneDrive folder when I do not have the "Share a OneDrive link" alternative in the right click menu.

Please advice.

ZecretW, Sep 27, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot update to version 1803 - Similar Threads - Cannot update version

2. Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version: Aside from new install, is there anything you guys can recommend me?Windows update doesn't updatetried downloding "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" and "MediaCreationTool21H2.exe". Neither of them work. Both go until the blue screen update and just goes "fail at update".Tried to...
  3. Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version: Aside from new install, is there anything you guys can recommend me?Windows update doesn't updatetried downloding "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe" and "MediaCreationTool21H2.exe". Neither of them work. Both go until the blue screen update and just goes "fail at update".Tried to...
  4. Dell Inspiron cannot update past 1803 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cannot update windows 10 from version 1709 to 1803

cannot update windows 10 from version 1709 to 1803: Help, I can't update windows 10 from version 1709 to 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-update-windows-10-from-version-1709-to-1803/2d91a31d-d7c2-4cd1-945d-8d21c4941d56
  6. Cannot finish Update to Windows 10 version 1803

Cannot finish Update to Windows 10 version 1803: Receive message that install of update to windows 10 version 1803 can't complete because app, Avira AntiVir couldn't be uninstalled. When I go to uninstall manually this app, it is not found. I am unable to install other apps that I need because of this. How do I resolve?...
  7. version 1803 update

version 1803 update: My pc tries to load version 1803 and it stalls. It gets to about 80% complete and then freezes...for the whole day if I let it. What to do? If I can never install v1803, how can I stop the update from starting up about once a week? I'm using Win 10 Home with v 1709....
  8. Cannot print after update to version 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot print after update to version 1803: Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks. One person has an HP Color...
  9. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: I downloaded this version with no problem and had no problem. After the download I noticed a significant change in my speed. I am with Verizon FIOS 50GB speed. 109147
  10. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: Sorry about the confusion. This morning my speed is 57MBPS down--51 UP is that Mega BYTE or mega bit, there's quite a difference ? MBps (MB/s) or Mbps (Mb/s). 57 MByte = 456 Mbit

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not update my windos version 1803

2. cannot update windows 1803

3. windows 10 profile cannot be loaded after build 1803 update