Windows 10: Cannot update to Windows 10 20H2

Discus and support Cannot update to Windows 10 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to upgrade to 20H2 from 1909 for a few days but with no luck. The Windows Update page shows this: Feature update to Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KazuhideTanaka, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Cannot update to Windows 10 20H2

I have been trying to upgrade to 20H2 from 1909 for a few days but with no luck.

The Windows Update page shows this:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 2

Last failed install attempt on ‎14/‎11/‎2020 - 0xc1900101

I have rechecked drivers, turned off anti-virus, unplugged some hardware like extra drives and other advice offered on Microsoft support pages but I still cannot perform the upgrade.

I did a setupdiag to examine this further and found an interesting error as below:

Error: SetupDiag reports Migration Unit Gather failure.

Last Phase: Pre OOBE

Last Operation: Gather end install, scope: EVERYTHING

MigUnit: C:\Users\Kazuhide\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-material-lib\MaterialLibs\Asobo_MaterialLib\Textures [CONCRETEROCK01_COMP.TIF.DDS]

Object Type: File

Operation: WRITE

Error: 0x00000070

The complete log can be found here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=AF8B02B0E8F42437%21105&cid=AF8B02B0E8F42437

Is there any resolution for my problem? Thank you very much.

:)

KazuhideTanaka, Nov 30, 2020

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 30, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Nov 30, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot update to Windows 10 20H2

Update History is not showing v.20H2

Hi Dominic

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

This is normal behavior in Windows 10, typically when you install a Feature Update like 20h2, the update history is wiped, this is to prevent the user from trying to uninstall an update that was prior to the Feature Update, which would de-stabilize Windows
    10, the list should start building again, when some updates are applied to version 20h2 . . .

DaveM121, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot update to Windows 10 20H2

1. Cannot update to Windows 10 20H2 - Similar Threads - Cannot update 20H2

2. Windows 10 Cannot update to windows 20h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Cannot update to windows 20h2: Hey guys just to shorten this a bit ill give a list to some of the things i've done in order to rectify this issue.Windows troubleshoot x1000Clean Boot installManual Update InstallMedia Creation ToolFull Clean Reset on PCUpdated All Drivers including Bios and ChipsetChecked...
  3. Windows 10 Cannot update to windows 20h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Cannot update to windows 20h2: Hey guys just to shorten this a bit ill give a list to some of the things i've done in order to rectify this issue.Windows troubleshoot x1000Clean Boot installManual Update InstallMedia Creation ToolFull Clean Reset on PCUpdated All Drivers including Bios and ChipsetChecked...
  4. Windows 10 Cannot update to windows 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot Update Windows to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Update Windows to 20H2: I have been trying to update my Dell laptop to 20H2 for about two years now. I have tried just about anything under the sun with no success.I have tried to use the Regular Windows update function and the Media Creation Tool. I have disabled Trend Micro and Windows Defender. I...
  6. Cannot Update Windows to 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Update Windows to 20H2: I have been trying to update my Dell laptop to 20H2 for about two years now. I have tried just about anything under the sun with no success.I have tried to use the Regular Windows update function and the Media Creation Tool. I have disabled Trend Micro and Windows Defender. I...
  7. Cannot Update Windows to 20H2

8. Cannot Update to Windows 10 version 20H2

Cannot Update to Windows 10 version 20H2: Split from this thread.Hi, please can you write me simple steps on how to clone C drive? to a USB with ample free space to be able to update the PC to 20H2. I find myself keep going circle that it only manages to update a bit of 20H2 about 17% then starts undoing all the...
  9. Windows 10 update 20H2 Cannot install

Windows 10 update 20H2 Cannot install: So, it says virtual box needs to be manually unnistalled, i do not have it installed. After looking for answers, it seems i have files associated with it and followed this threat to fix it -...
  10. Cannot update to Windows 20H2

Cannot update to Windows 20H2: When i first installed the windows update 20H2 it said everything was fine and i was up to date. But when I would refresh to see if there were any other updates it would say it failed. I tried a couple more times and it kept failing. I thought it was fine until the sound icon...